Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

Gopher is not credible.  Nothing against him (except that he hates movies) but unless he tells us that he got a new job as RTH's right hand man, he is guessing just like the rest of us.

• Like 2

Gopher is not credible.  Nothing against him (except that he hates movies) but unless he tells us that he got a new job as RTH's right hand man, he is guessing just like the rest of us.

that may be possible, never know. RTH is most likely busy these day's. Possibly an apprentice because he has been right on guess or not. 

I can only dream of being that close, though I try to compile numbers also.

SORCERERS APPRENTICE

Edited by Mitch
  • Like 1

Why was the thread title changed to Saturday numbers?  Where did RTH post these?

Here is Rth post with Saturday number.

today could be anything depending on rest day especially eve  for now going with 

IO/JP4 9-10,TG 8-9, MM2 3-4

• Like 1

tonight i went to see a tale of tales with salma hayek  wtf still scratching my head , didnt seem to go anywhere makes into the woods seems super coherent in comparison, after that i needed comfort viewing and went for my 5th viewing of JW: the raptor whisperer hmmm that chris pratt effect yummy!

• Like 1

Why does everyone keep saying "Bad for MMXXL"?

Magic Mike: 7 Million Budget = 160+ WW

Magic Mike XXL: 14 Million Budget = Will do 100+ WW

Will probably get close to 300 Million off 21 Million Budget and 2 movies of some strippers?  This is a mega success.   I don't remember "Striptease, Showgirls or Player's Club" breaking the box office like this, lol. 

• Like 7

Great for IO and JW, Terminator is still bad, but wow at Mike. Could this be another Entourage for WB and be out of most theaters by the end of the month?

Terminator numbers have been bad, but the holds have been strong all week. That said, it will need strong holds for a number of weeks to make up for such low opening. Even if it does do near 30 million this weekend. It's still 10 million behind Paramounts 5 day expectations.

Edited by gb0708

Why does everyone keep saying "Bad for MMXXL"?

Magic Mike: 7 Million Budget = 160+ WW

Magic Mike XXL: 14 Million Budget = Will do 100+ WW

Will probably get close to 300 Million off 21 Million Budget and 2 movies of some strippers?  This is a mega success.   I don't remember "Striptease, Showgirls or Player's Club" breaking the box office like this, lol. 

The first one was a hit no doubt. But thats not the point. If XXL made only 1m ww as franchise it would made 160m with a cost around 60m that still a hit. But it doesnt change the fact that the sequel is doing poorly compared to its predecessor and WB expectations.

• Like 1

I was the usher at my theatre today and the people I talked to actually all said they enjoyed the movie.

its NOT BAD

you just won't be WOW!!!

It's not terrible though

This.

It really isn't.

So just got back from Terminator...My expectations were low but overall I thought it was pretty decent...Just seeing Arnold back as the Terminator was worth the ticket price...

• Like 4