Mojoguy

Weekend Thread: Weekend Actuals: IO 29.77, JW 29.24, TG 27.02, | IO Wins Weekend!

Pixels is gonna get a sequel after it pulls 400M WW later this month. Sony is desperate for a new franchise and I doubt the movie cost more than 150M.

I actually think Pixels could do a lot more than 400WW. Still, if Ghostbusters is a huge hit next year, I doubt Sony will care about a Pixels 2 unless it is part of the Ghostbusters shared Universe or maybe a part of the Robin Hood shared universe :ph34r:

I honestly thought Magic Mike 2 could do about $60m-$70m over 5 days a week ago. I thought it was still quite fresh and popular amongst women, it appears I was wrong. Big flop! Less than $15m 3 day weekend is bad! What's the budget for the film? Can't find it anywhere. Guessing they spent a bit on marketting as it seems it's been more advertised than Terminator.

Edited by MonstersandRoy

I actually think Pixels could do a lot more than 400WW. Still, if Ghostbusters is a huge hit next year, I doubt Sony will care about a Pixels 2 unless it is part of the Ghostbusters shared Universe or maybe a part of the Robin Hood shared universe :ph34r:

Jesus, Sony is totally thinking about this if Pixels is a hit, isn't it...?

Anyway, of course Sony will care about a sequel if Pixels is a hit. They can't release annual Ghostbusters sequels. 

It could have been so much more :( Fucking Alan Taylor and fucking Jai Courtney. 

I liked Alan Taylor

Jai just wasn't anything close to Beihn (sp) from the first. That was an issue

Anyway, of course Sony will care about a sequel if Pixels is a hit. They can't release annual Ghostbusters sequels.

Don't worry, they're too busy working on their MIB and 22JS crossover :lol:

But honestly, I guess there realistically could be a Pixels 2, but the fact (and its stupidly hilarious that I'm saying this at this point but) that Sony hasn't already announced plans for a Pixels shared Universe makes me wonder if they even have future plans for this brand.

Pixels may not do as well as people are saying. What age range is this targeted at? It sure isn't kiddies and they are talking about people that would be near 50's now as champions of original arcades. I know, cause I was 11 years old in 1982 and remember the people who were champions. I miss those days though, going into a truck stop and popping a quarter (which was a heck of a lot of money in 1982) in an arcade and killing Pac- Man. Although, i prefered Ms. Pacman

Edited by Mitch
  • Like 1

They are targeting young adults and I am sure they have a special campaign running on kids channels for families.

I know at my theatre we're doing a ton of marketing towards kids. We're doing a sort of obstacle course on opening day for kids in the morning who come in to buy a ticket for the matinee. They go through the course in one of those hamster ball thingies that we're going to try to make represent Pac-Man.

Those aren't my numbers. Though you're right on Terminator :)

Yes, but my sources are telling me these numbers....you are forgetting to factor in the 1.21 gigawats of power later in the evening.

• Like 4

I honestly thought Magic Mike 2 could do about $60m-$70m over 5 days a week ago. I thought it was still quite fresh and popular amongst women, it appears I was wrong. Big flop! Less than $15m 3 day weekend is bad! What's the budget for the film? Can't find it anywhere. Guessing they spent a bit on marketting as it seems it's been more advertised than Terminator.

budget is 14 million. It underperformed but a flop it is not. Neither is Ted 2. Edited by Dragon

IO:  9.5

JW:  10.0

Terminator:  7.8

MM:  4.5

And God has liked my post.  

Maybe I am on to something.  :)

• Like 1

Wait... Does Gopher actually have data? I thought he was just good at guessing...

My credibility towards his "estimates" could change here...

yes, he is credible