CJohn

Tuesday Numbers | Inside Out - 6.4M; Jurassic World - 4.8M; Terminator Genisys - 4M; Magic Mike XXL - 3.2M (Actuals Page 13)

Poor JW, still not getting the respect it deserves.

I say this as nice as possible, if you honestly believe after the tens of thousands of posts on here since JW opened that it isn't "getting the respect it deserves" then no one will ever be able to change your mind about that opinion. It's gotten a ton of praise, we got the threads to prove it.

• Like 2

But that doesn't really have anything to do with this particular upcoming weekend. It may perform tremendously... it may also start to act more normally, given that it's slowly leaking theaters.

Theater and screen count is the biggest challenge, but again I think the fudge from a huge opener in the same studio will help a lot. F&F7 lost almost 25% of its theater count but jumped almost 39% in weekend performance due to fudge from JP4's massive opening.

Theater and screen count is the biggest challenge, but again I think the fudge from a huge opener in the same studio will help a lot. F&F7 lost almost 25% of its theater count but jumped almost 39% in weekend performance due to fudge from JP4's massive opening.

We don't have a sense of how many theaters will be playing a double-feature... or even if Universal cares enough to boost JW. They might simply want to push the grosses Minion-wards.

I say this as nice as possible, if you honestly believe after the tens of thousands of posts on here since JW opened that it isn't "getting the respect it deserves" then no one will ever be able to change your mind about that opinion. It's gotten a ton of praise, we got the threads to prove it.

Weekend after weekend it has been under predicted and constantly it has blew past those predictions. 

We don't have a sense of how many theaters will be playing a double-feature... or even if Universal cares enough to boost JW. They might simply want to push the grosses Minion-wards.

I don't even know if it was necessarily double features. Just straight fudge. Pitch Perfect 2 also lost over 21% of its theater count and dropped only 15.5% in dollar gross during JP4's weekend. This kind of junk seems to happen with every big opener and I don't think it's a double feature thing in every case.

Weekend after weekend it has been under predicted and constantly it has blew past those predictions.

Wrong not this previous weekend or even the weekend before that, expectations have been very in line since the explosion in the first two weeks. Plus has nothing to do with respecting the run anyways. Edited by GiantCALBears

If Blue and Indominus Rex get close to Titanic(like within 10m), Universal will likely make sure it beats it.

Really? They didn't make sure that F7 beat Avengers WW, I don't see why they'd make the effort here.

Wrong not this previous weekend or even the weekend before that, expectations have been very in line since the explosion in the first two weeks. Plus has nothing to do with respecting the run anyways.

Most were projecting IO to win both of the previous two weekends and in the case of July 4th weekend, no one was predicting it to be within $500,000 after the weekday numbers rolled in.

• Like 2

I'll update in a couple hours myself (off to see Amy!). When I checked earlier today it seemed like IO would be up 30% and JW 8% but like Rth I wouldn't treat that too seriously.

• Like 3

#2 Domestic is a bigger deal than #3 WW.

Outside of some fudge with Minions this weekend (aka typical Hollywood fudge for big openers), I don't think they will do much. If it comes up short of Titanic, so be it. Not like it really deserves to be ahead anyway when you look at ticket sales between the two. :lol:

#2 Domestic is a bigger deal than #3 WW.

I'm not sure studios especially care unless a film is going to take #1 in some prominent context.

If it was looking like it'd finish with $750m rather than $650m then, yes, they'd probably fudge it over the Avatar line, because that would matter.

Beyond that, I think they probably only care about round numbers: 100m, 200m, 300m, 400m. So maybe if it's petering out around 647m or something they dig into the couch change for that extra bit to get to 650m. But if it's finishing up around 653m or so? Eh, just call it a day.