Gopher

Thursday #s- IO 4.25 JW 3.25 Mike 2.6 TS 2.4

If it did 4 million on Tuesday, it should do near 4 million on Friday still. Weren't you saying it couldn't increase that much last Thursday to Friday too? Then it went from 6.5 to 10.7 million. This movie still has a older audience, so it will have decent increases from weekday to weekend. Even if it loses screens it's still likely going to be in a lot of screens come next weekend. Likely 2,500 plus still.

last week friday was a holiday and so increases were bigger. I dont see it being that big plus 2.35 to 4m requires even bigger increase. Not happening when you have a opener that will hit 120m+.

last week friday was a holiday and so increases were bigger. I dont see it being that big plus 2.35 to 4m requires even bigger increase. Not happening when you have a opener that will hit 120m+.

Well I expect the actual TG Thursday number to be closer to 2.4-2.5 Keep in mind TomorowLand went from doing 1.8 million on a Thursday to 3.7 million on Friday(increased all the way to 6 million on Saturday) during it's second weekend. Not to mention even the box office experts have it doing 12-13 million this weekend. That's with knowing the likely numbers that it would do tonight. So how is it suppose to reach that number, without that type of increase. Last weekend many were comparing it to Public Enemies.

Well that movie had a similar low 2.5 million Thursday night total and that increased to 4.2 million on Friday. Last week you didn't see it having that type of high increase and were already factoring in the busy holiday weekend. So it doesn't surprise me that you're doing the same thing again. The movie has a older fan-base, so It's going to do a lot better on discount Tuesday nights and the weekend. With a audience 65 percent  males age 25 and up. Your not going to get a much of a crowd on a Wednesday/Thursday even in July. So I think you will see higher than usual increases on the weekend and bigger than usual drops on the week days. Which is exactly what we've seen over the past week or so.

Edited by gb0708

from what I gather don't know theatre counts yet?

Minions 4302

Gallows 2720

Self/less 2353

TG 3783 +25

IO 3644 -514

MM2 3376 +21

Ted2 2162 -1286

Max 2088 -782

Spy 1457 -930

SA 756 -916

Jurassic World?

what that little film  :P

3435 -302

Suitable punishment for selling out to PG-13.

LOL so there punishment is that the same older 25 and up male audience is seeing this. Who would have been seeing this anyways even if it was R. So making the rating PG-13 didn't hurt or help them in reality. Since what the movie failed at is bringing in the teen audience. But the older males still showed up to see this movie even with the lighter rating. That audience is only so big though. Which is why they went PG-13 and tried to get the teenagers interested in this franchise in the first place. Like I said before this is basically performing like Expendables 1/2 domestically. Which had very little interest from woman or teenagers.

Edited by gb0708

LOL so there punishment is that the same older 25 and up male audience is seeing this. Who would have been seeing this anyways even if it was R. So making the rating PG-13 didn't hurt or help them in reality. Since what the movie failed at is bringing in the teen audience. But the older males still showed up to see this movie even with the lighter rating. That audience is only so big though. Which is why they went PG-13 and tried to get the teenagers interested in this franchise in the first place. Like I said before this is basically performing like Expendables 1/2 domestically. Which had very little interest from woman or teenagers.

Aren't the majority of movie goers over 17? It's something like 15% of movie goers are under 17. All they did was attempt to appeal to a crowd that wasn't interested and alienate the ones that where. Maybe a lot more adults would have gone to see it had they not been put off by the low rating. Maybe the mistake was trying to appeal to a younger auidence instead of keeping the one they already had.

Hell, maybe teenagers would have been more interested had it carried a more mature rating. Made the movie more enticing, forbidden fruit if you will.

Why do you think R rated horror movies gross more than PG13 ones even though the target auidence is always teenagers? They see the PG13 ones as lame yet get enticed by the R rating.

As a self proclaimed box office expert Rth, where do you see JW ending Domestic??? It just seems like it's at 565M Domestic and TA is at 623M and I'm sure screens will be falling as well and not close enough to catch it..

It will pass TA in 2 weeks. It will be at 590m+ after this week and then 610+m next week and then go past 623m after that.

Aren't the majority of movie goers over 17? It's something like 15% of movie goers are under 17. All they did was attempt to appeal to a crowd that wasn't interested and alienate the ones that where. Maybe a lot more adults would have gone to see it had they not been put off by the low rating. Maybe the mistake was trying to appeal to a younger auidence instead of keeping the one they already had.

Hell, maybe teenagers would have been more interested had it carried a more mature rating. Made the movie more enticing, forbidden fruit if you will.

Why do you think R rated horror movies gross more than PG13 ones even though the target auidence is always teenagers? They see the PG13 ones as lame yet get enticed by the R rating.

Ehhh in reality a very small amount of people care about a movie rating. Especially when it comes to general audiences. Even if they,made the movie a darker and R rated it wouldn't have mattered. As much as I don't like saying it. The movie needed more than a 67 year old Arnold Terminator as a selling point. If it was going to compete against big movies like Jurassic World and Inside Out. They made a mistake not casting a bigger star for Kyle Reese or John Connor character. The movie also needed more CGI destruction and wow moments to hook younger viewers as well.

Edited by gb0708

Ehhh in reality a very small amount of people care about a movie rating. Especially when it comes to general audiences. Even if they,made the movie a darker and R rated it wouldn't have mattered. As much as I don't like saying it. The movie needed more than a 67 year old Arnold Terminator as a selling point. If it was going to compete against big movies like Jurassic World and Inside Out. They made a mistake not casting a bigger star for Kyle Reese or John Connor character. The movie also needed more CGI destruction and wow moments to hook younger viewers as well.

Why hook a younger auidence? Did you know only 20% of movie going auidences that saw Captain America 2 where under 17.

In any case, Minions' previews will be first for the day. I just hope IO doesn't drop more than 50% this wknd.

James, on 09 Jul 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:snapback.png

I see something like this:

4.1m Thu (Minions starts showing at 6PM ao its evening shows will be reduced)

4.7m Fri (Minions really enter the market)

5.8m Sat

4.3m Sun

This is my prediction from yesterday. I pretty much nailed it on the Thursday and if it follows this prediction it will drop 50%.