Gopher

Thursday #s- IO 4.25 JW 3.25 Mike 2.6 TS 2.4

I'll say 130M.. Now wouldn't it be something if this movie beat JW OW OF 209M??? How angry or bummed out would you be on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the most angry or bummed out??? :thinking:

I'd be in awe and confusion and I probably wouldn't be angry, I mean I haven't seen the film yet and maybe I'll hate but really don't think it can be that much worse than The Avengers(meh!) Which held the record for 3 years

Which means around 8-9 AM Portugal time. LMAO you might as well not go to sleep at that point.

Probably not gonna happen. There is usually an update at around 4 AM. I am gonna stay awake until that one.

Only people that don't have kids would say that they have no interest in seeing minions just because there's no jokes for adults. If kids like it parents automatically will like it.

Only people that don't have kids would say that they have no interest in seeing minions just because there's no jokes for adults. If kids like it parents automatically will like it.

I don't see it as the problem being no jokes for adults... the characters and plot are fairly basic, along with the humor in general. It feels like a toddler movie more than a family film, like the first two.

Yes. I'm a broken record I know.

The more Minions does at the drive-in theaters means fudging for JW. Let's go yellow!!!

I thought IO was nice, but if IO getting killed by Minions means JW can be #2 for the weekend again then I really hope minions gets $150m or at least close to that

Why do you just assume that it's IO that is getting killed by Minions and not JW? :huh:  As far as I know not every drive-in is pairing up Minions with JW so it shouldn't be the only movie that benefits from the double features.

Edited by KATCH 22

I don't see it as the problem being no jokes for adults... the characters and plot are fairly basic, along with the humor in general. It feels like a toddler movie more than a family film, like the first two.

Yes. I'm a broken record I know.

Yeah, I think we will get more maturely taken animated sequels, next year with the likes of KFP3 & Finding Dory. They actually know when to offer things for an older audience.

You know, a continuing story, well-written script, emotional moments and something new.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Why do you just assume that it's IO that is getting killed by Minions and not JW? :huh:  As far as I know not every drive-in is pairing up Minions with JW so it shouldn't be the only movie that benefits for the double features.

I don't think it's just a case of drive-ins though. Pitch Perfect 2 mysteriously dropped 15% on JP4's opening weekend while losing over 20% of its theater count. The only thing it had going for it was that it was a Universal movie. Seems they fudged it with some of JP4's money. Same kind of stuff goes on at every studio for big openers. In that respect, I think JP4 will benefit at least a little bit.

• Like 1

James, on 09 Jul 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:snapback.png

This is my prediction from yesterday. I pretty much nailed it on the Thursday and if it follows this prediction it will drop 50%.

No  :lol:

Minions is opening to $110-130 million. In mid-summer, that's not enough to bring everything to its knees. Especially after a deflated July 4th frame and Ted 2/Terminator disappointing big-time. 

But your Friday increase is clearly influenced by your love for Minions, because there's no way IO's Friday is below its Wednesday.

So at least $5 million for Fri... I reckon $5.2-5.4 million, so a 25-30% Fri increase. Pretty reasonable, considering last Friday was inflated and Minions will hurt it. 

Your Saturday jump is awful considering IO's previous Sat jumps, Minions' frontloadedness towards Thurs/Fri, and how awful your IO Friday jump predict is.

Only 20%? More like 30-35%. So $6.6-7 million Sat. Pretty reasonable, considering Minions will burn up a lot of upfront demand on OD, and last Sat was extremely deflated. 

Figure a regular 20% Sun drop... $5.2-5.5 million Sun. 

$17-17.9 milion for the weekend, with relatively average projections. I'm not expecting something ridiculous like a 65% Fri increase, 45% Sat increase and 5% Sun drop. 

$16-18 million is the range for IO, due to older adults simply not caring about Minions :P its great WOM, and the fact that the BO is relatively dead beyond Minions. 

Also, the $21 million weekdays makes $14 million for the weekend seem a little ridiculous. Even with Minions hurting it, it shouldn't only do 65% of its weekdays over the weekend. 

• Like 1

I don't think it's just a case of drive-ins though. Pitch Perfect 2 mysteriously dropped 15% on JP4's opening weekend while losing over 20% of its theater count. The only thing it had going for it was that it was a Universal movie. Seems they fudged it with some of JP4's money. Same kind of stuff goes on at every studio for big openers. In that respect, I think JP4 will benefit at least a little bit.

I am also ready for JW destroying the feelings this weekend. Edited by CJohn