Gopher

Thursday #s- IO 4.25 JW 3.25 Mike 2.6 TS 2.4

Why hook a younger auidence? Did you know only 20% of movie going auidences that saw Captain America 2 where under 17.

That extra 20 percent makes a big difference. Especially since older audiences have no problem showing up to PG-13 action movies. Look I love R rated action movies from the 80s and 90s probably as much as you. But I understand where the big money is in action movies is today. That is why I have no problem with franchises try to adapt to PG-13 style. Is it really fair that all these summer action film can be PG-13. But Terminator isn't allowed to, because the movies made 24 and 31 years ago weren't? I think thats pretty silly....

We're not gonna get MINION numbers until tomorrow morning. (No offense to Gopher, but my guess is that preview numbers are so fluid that it's hard to extrapolate the rest of an evening performance until the last of the WC numbers come in.)

Partly, studios also like 2 keep it under raps till late morn, there's restrictions on data access

It's well above DM2

• Like 11

Why hook a younger auidence? Did you know only 20% of movie going auidences that saw Captain America 2 where under 17.

Because 20% is still a significant percentage.

If CATWS had 20% less business, it'd be looking at sub 210m gross. Good, but nothing amazing.

If MMFR had an extra 20% business, it'd be looking at 180m, right now, which would be seen as pretty stupendous. I mean, I'm glad it's the R-rated film we got, because even if it's borderline, that little bit added to the greatness, but we can't discount the difference it would have made.

Another drop again for JW.

Double FLOP.

What film doesn't, besides the new openers?

On a more serious note, how much these films need to do this weekend to reach some certain goals?;

- IO to top FF7

- JW to top TA

- TG to pass $100m

-  Minions to top DM2

Edited by KATCH 22

That extra 20 percent makes a big difference. Especially since older audiences have no problem showing up to PG-13 action movies. Look I love R rated action movies from the 80s and 90s probably as much as you. But I understand where the big money is in action movies is today. That is why I have no problem with franchises try to adapt to PG-13 style. Is it really fair that all these summer action film can be PG-13. But Terminator isn't allowed to, because the movies made 24 and 31 years ago weren't? I think thats pretty silly....

This.

TG has it's flaws but being PG-13 isn't one of them.

Wasn't the highest grossing movie of last year domestically and adult movie aimed at adult audiences?

As a self proclaimed box office expert Rth, where do you see JW ending Domestic??? It just seems like it's at 565M Domestic and TA is at 623M and I'm sure screens will be falling as well and not close enough to catch it..

623 is about as locked as the sun coming out tomorrow.  It'll be at about 595 this weekend.  That's about a 20 mill weekend.  You think coming off a 20 mill weekend it won't cruise to 640?  BKB...bubby....

• Like 3

Far above IO or closer? :P

DM2 previews are above IO. So it must be far above. I am thinking 7-10m as it started really early( 6PM). But if its close to JW then its crazy and it will hit 150m+ as well.

It will be exciting friday for sure. 1st since IO OW/JW 2nd weekend.

• Like 1

623 is about as locked as the sun coming out tomorrow. It'll be at about 595 this weekend. That's about a 20 mill weekend. You think coming off a 20 mill weekend it won't cruise to 640? BKB...bubby....

I think he is joking... Its the only explanation.

BKB all you need to do is check bom showdown of JW vs TA and you will see JW 40m ahead at the same point of their run. Not to say this week in comparison was memorial day for TA and still JW is doing better daily numbers.

DM2 previews are above IO. So it must be far above. I am thinking 7-10m as it started really early( 6PM). But if its close to JW then its crazy and it will hit 150m+ as well.

It will be exciting friday for sure. 1st since IO OW/JW 2nd weekend.

I forgot how much DM2 previews were so I had to bring up IO number to give myself an idea. :lol:  :lol:

150m for Minions would be beyond crazy as it would out-open everything this year besides JW, MJ2, AOU and SW7. :mellow:

Edited by KATCH 22