Gopher

Thursday #s- IO 4.25 JW 3.25 Mike 2.6 TS 2.4

Shrek the Third was pretty frontloaded  ;)

And yes, because there's only so high you can go for the weekend after $15-20 million previews. If Minions were to reach that amount, $200-220 million is the absolute highest it would go. Avengers/JW weren't frontloaded for that matter  :D they played like kids/family films throughout their OWs. 

We've never had an animated film open to $125 million unadjusted, so we really have no clue how a $150 million+ animated OW would look like in terms of frontloading.

Shrek the Third is the only one that comes close. 

As much as i liked Shrek 3....the reason it was frontloaded, because it wasn't that good for a lot of people. It was ok by some of the audiences but it was more mixed to mediocre.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

Minions would have a much bigger OD than $40 million with $8.7 million previews. However it will probably slightly decrease on Saturday. My guess would be $46M Friday, $41M Saturday, $35M Sunday. $132M Weekend.  

So parents can't have different opinions from their children.

No.

Parents want to do things that their kids enjoy. They don't care if they like it or not they care if their kids liked it. Until you have kids you won't understand this part. You do anything for your kids you want them to be happy.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter if Minions breaks the record because It'll taken away in less than a year

Oh, I agree. 

But it still matters for my fun and enjoyment of box office right now :lol: 

• Like 1

don't get 2 carried away

You know only you can put a stop to this madness. :lol:

I've never asked any guys for numbers in my entire life. You're the first. Be flattered. ;)

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1

It doesn't matter if Minions breaks the record because It'll taken away in less than a year

It'll matter to Illumination Entertainment, who made Minions! :P

Just like it mattered to Disney with Frozen, and Pixar with Toy Story 3 with the WW records.

Edited by Mojoguy

You know only you can put a stop to this madness. :lol:

I've never asked any guys for numbers in my entire life. You're the first. Be flattered. ;)

you would be flattered :) Edited by rthandhisMinions
  • Like 1