CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

Agreed. As long as Deadpool has a modest budget, say between 80 and 100m, I could actually see it doing fine. I just hope the film itself is good, and Deadpool is well portrayed and in-character.

T2 was the most expensive movie of all time back in 1991.

Inflation is funny.

• Like 1

Seems to contradict the notion it will have shit legs. If the little kids love it, they will tell their friends and their friends will drag their parents to see it as well. Plus the first round of kids will probably want to see it again and drag their parents to it again (even if the parents didn't like it, lol).

True. I think it'll have a sequel size drop next week though (around 40 to 50%), since it is a prequel after all.

Yup, but they are blights on culture, wonder how enough people can like it to give it that score. 2.5 multiplier at best.

iEEgspG.png

Viewers walking to the cinema are the most important :)

not film critics :)

T2 was the most expensive movie of all time back in 1991.

Inflation is funny.

I still remember when 200m was considered a big deal for Titanic. Funny, how that works.

Edited by Insidearcher

What predictors?

The ones who optimistically predicted JW would make 300 m tops?

That would be all of them.

Earlier this year most people predicted SW7 to win the year DOM but not OS or WW.  That was before FF7 screwed up all the expectations OS though.

Minions apparently received an "A" CinemaScore. :lol:

Yeah, that must have been the only alphabet those kids could come up with..

Wait... this is hard. The reason why opening days are so hard to predict is because previews throw all the hourly data out of wack (unless you're Self/Less and you don't matter). Minions with the same WC crescendo as IO I thought would hit 45 but Minions came into the day well more inflated... 

Point is they could report anything mid-40s tomorrow and I wouldn't be surprised. High/low 40s would surprise me. 

Spectre - I adapted the musical in your avatar for the stage last year.  :)

• Like 3

Seems to contradict the notion it will have shit legs. If the little kids love it, they will tell their friends and their friends will drag their parents to see it as well. Plus the first round of kids will probably want to see it again and drag their parents to it again (even if the parents didn't like it, lol).

Those parents must be rich.

No way I'm sitting through a crap movie twice for my spoiled brats.

I'll nicely tell them wait for DVD then check out the Ant-Man and Pixels buzz for the next adventure.

About Minions hitting 1b OS? Well, someone brought that up last night and I thought it was a joke. Then I sent to OS thread and realised it's serious. Minions has already outdone AOU and FF7 in a few international markets.

I WISH it's just a joke.

It's too early to say anything for sure..... but I think it is unlikely Minions does 1B OS. AOU/FF7 were pretty huge in Asia and Minions won't be able to replicate that. If I had to guess, I'd say 800M.

It's too early to say anything for sure..... but I think it is unlikely Minions does 1B OS. AOU/FF7 were pretty huge in Asia and Minions won't be able to replicate that. If I had to guess, I'd say 800M.

OS -C must be well over $800m, China could do $180m here.

$1b OS looks likely IMO.

Edited by Antermanus
  • Like 1

Minions 45

IO 4.9

JW 4.7

TG 3.6

Gallows 3.5

Mike 3.4

Self/Less 1.7 OMG

Thanks Gopher.... I was hoping IO does close to 5m and drops under 45% this weekend and stays on course for Finding Nemo's total.

OS -C must be well over $800m, China could do $180m here.

$1b OS looks likely IMO.

DM2 did 550m from OS-China. Minions will do around 600-650m.

China could do another 150-200m at best.

Thanks Gopher.... I was hoping IO does close to 5m and drops under 45% this weekend and stays on course for Finding Nemo's total.

Finding Nemo original release total or with the 3D rerelease added total?

Edited by Mojoguy

If it's that popular in China ($150m+) then it's popularity in other Asian countries shouldn't be far behind.