CJohn

Weekend Estimates: Minions - 115.2M; JW - 18.1M; Inside Out - 17.1M; Gallows - 10M; Self/Less - 5.4M; MMXXL - 9.6M; T5 - 13.7M

I only get jealous when there's not enough fudge to go around :)

Note guys that Minions wasn't given any kind of boost, its number is perfectly in line with its performance yesterday, JW/IO with my estimations weren't.

Yeah, you said anything in the mid-40's was reasonable and that's exactly where it ended up. I'd like to see Shrek the Turd record go down, but it's going to be really close unless the movie pulls some kind of batshit crazy Saturday number.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

There is like a 20 minute break between movies... Also you're not in all that close of proximity to people who aren't the people you came with

Yes you are, you're packed in like sardines. You shouldn't be worried about the movie though, you should be hooking up with chicks in your car.

Evening showings must have been busier than expected with everything up from early estimates.

Good drops for JW, IO and i bet almost everyone thought TG would fall harder. The damage is done though.

Edited by picores
  • Like 1

Genysis looking at a 50%+ drop after a deflated OW due to the 4th falling on a Saturday after already opening on Wednesday to even further deflate the OW gross. WOM's sour in addition already suffering from DOM indifference to the property.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

As per your question Panda. Gopher said that minions was forged by 400k. So now everybody is on the fudge bandwagon.

I don't know why it'd be fudged though. It's not like it is barely missing 100m or so. I don't see a reason why to assume all these numbers are fudged, especially since they're friday numbers not the weekend report.

• Like 1

What do you mean $100-200k? Gopher reported $4.9m and we ended up $460,000 above that. Similar stuff will happen Saturday/Sunday too. Every bit counts at this point of the movie's run to help it reach $350m.

350 doesn't really matter. Not going to get them more TV money or anything like breaking 300 will. Beating Nemo (which we can now all agree should happen) as their highest grossing original movie is a significant line to give investors, though.

The reason I'd call all this 'fudge' and not what Paramount did with TF2/TF4 is that driveins just report the same total numbers for both movies. If IO/Minions and JW/Minions both picked up like 400k yesterday, that means Minions gets 800k, IO gets 400k and JW gets 400k. It's just making up money. But it happens with everything-- JW and Pitch Perfect, Avengers and Cinderella, etc etc.

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 2

See, this is what I hate about some of you. It was so wrong when JW got fudged, everyone was saying how stupid and ridiculous it was, but now everyone is happy because IO also was affected by the same fudging. For fucks sake. 

The mistake was that Universal didn't wait until the IO numbers came out first, so they could fudge a higher number for JW.

Lesson learned? :unsure:

Paramount has no shame. :lol: :lol:

They will enter if a whole new level of fudge if they are able to push it over 100M with the results so far.

350 doesn't really matter. Not going to get them more TV money or anything like breaking 300 will. Beating Nemo (which we can now all agree should happen) as their highest grossing original movie is a significant line to give investors, though.

The reason I'd call all this 'fudge' and not what Paramount did with TF2/TF4 is that driveins are literally just reporting the same total numbers for both movies. If IO/Minions and JW/Minions both picked up like 400k yesterday, that means Minions gets 800k, IO gets 400k and JW gets 400k. It's literally just making up money.

Except the drive-in thing happens with all movies. In that regard you can't really call it fudge. It's part of industry accounting. What happened with TF2 has never happened before. Actuals suddenly jumping almost $3m to help Paramount brag about the $200m opening. Even Baumer, the biggest TF loonie in the world, was amazed by that one. :lol:

• Like 1

Except the drive-in thing happens with all movies. In that regard you can't really call it fudge. It's part of industry accounting. What happened with TF2 has never happened before. Actuals suddenly jumping almost $3m to help Paramount brag about the $200m opening. Even Baumer, the biggest TF loonie in the world, was amazed by that one. :lol:

Never forget the 100M OW by TF4.

And Disney fudging Cinderella over 200M in the course of 2 months :rofl: 

• Like 1

They will enter if a whole new level of fudge if they are able to push it over 100M with the results so far.

Terminator Salvation's $125m from WB is one of the funnier fudge jobs we've seen. Might as well be Paramount and Terminator to take this shit to another level. :D

• Like 1