grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Just now, TalismanRing said:

There's no reason why it should lack those elements except the composers are kind of hacky.

Pasek and Paul? Hacky? No way? That’s like a Zebra with stripes.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Not a La La Land fan?

All the songs in this film were produced by Paul and Pasek though. They only wrote the lyrics for La La Land songs. They also produced The Greatest Showman's music which was pretty hacky.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It was complete shit

Didn't Will Smith take an apology ad for it?

If he didn't he should have.

I'm sure the movie was bad, but a sequel means another Wild Wild West credits rap from Big Willie Style and ultimately that's all that matters.

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It was complete shit

Didn't Will Smith take out an apology ad for it?

If he didn't he should have.

Smith has said over the years that he regrets turning down The Matrix to make Wild Wild West lol. Then again, he would also later turn down Django Unchained for...After Earth. Yikes.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Smith has said over the years that he regrets turning down The Matrix to make Wild Wild West lol. Then again, he would also later turn down Django Unchained for...After Earth. Yikes.

What an ego that smith guy has. how do you turn down tarantino?? i loved django

Edited by Alli

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

At least he turned down Independence Day Resurgence for Suicide Squad. He could have either starred in the shittiest movie of 2016 or the second shittiest movie of 2016 and he chose the latter.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

There's no reason why it should lack those elements except the composers are kind of hacky. 

Disney should have had Menken do a recomposition.

Fair enough, but ehh, I'll gladly take it over the garbage reinterpretations of the older songs tbh.

3 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

He could have either starred in the shittiest movie of 2016 or the second shittiest movie of 2016 and he chose the latter.

Debatable. 

Edited by TMP

All the haters are quiet now lmao I knew this would not be a dud This actually looks fun and colorful. Unlike lion King where the cgi lion design take away all the fun and emotion away from the characters. 

38 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The RT score doesn't live up the early reaction hype.....6.45/10 average score 

That seems fine to me. Jumanji has 6.2 and 71% so this might end up similarly. It’s better than Dumbo at any rate. And the hype is about reactions being better than most expected, not that the movie is amazing. 

Based on some of the posts in this thread, it seems like some were really hoping this bombed critically (unknown how it’ll do BO-wise) because of Godzilla? I could understand if it was because it’s yet another Disney remake, though that’s a pretty lame reason too. 

• Like 1