grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

9 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Really? Well, it seems I haven't tried hard enough then...

Soo - if Disney says Le Fou (BATB) may be gay - it's OK. Saying Jafar may be gay - it's suddenly a terrible offense?

Oh, max, my boy - it was such a boring place here before you showed up... :)

No, you said that he might be gay because he looked gay and sounded gay. Gay people don't sound gay or look gay. That is just a stereotype conjured by bigots. And combined with your comment that Jafar also looks ugly (therefore implying that people who look gay also look ugly), it really isn't a good look for you.

Disney says that Le Fou may be gay but they didn't start using derogatory stereotypes. They didn't make him a gay stereotype (I assume they didn't, I haven't seen the film yet).

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

No, you said that he might be gay because he looked gay and sounded gay. Gay people don't sound gay or look gay. That is just a stereotype conjured by bigots. And combined with your comment that Jafar also looks ugly (therefore implying that people who look gay also look ugly), it really isn't a good look for you.

Disney says that Le Fou may be gay but they didn't start using derogatory stereotypes. They didn't make him a gay stereotype (I assume they didn't, I haven't seen the film yet).

Oh, you are talking REAL people? Like real-real, maybe even yourself?

No, I might have to disappoint you here. We're talking strictly fictional characters and what their creators might have planned for them.

And, BTW, the Shay is bisexual - so snap out of your victim narrative, please. LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

dj khaled should start his own production company that makes movies where he yells "DJ KHALED" at the start and "another one" whenever it cuts to a new scene.

Where does "WE THE BEST MUSIC" fit into all this?

33 minutes ago, shayhiri said:

Oh, you are talking REAL people? Like real-real, maybe even yourself?

No, I might have to disappoint you here. We're talking strictly fictional characters and what their creators might have planned for them.

And, BTW, the Shay is bisexual - so snap out of your victim narrative, please. LOL

Regardless of fictional or real, gay people don't look or sound gay. If they do, that is a bigoted writer engaging in a crappy stereotype used to belittle actual gay people.

And, lol at your bisexual comment. Sure, bud. This is some r/AsABlackMan material right here.

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Regardless of fictional or real, gay people don't look or sound gay. If they do, that is a bigoted writer engaging in a crappy stereotype used to belittle actual gay people.

There is some speech pattern that are more prevalent among English speaking gay men.

https://web.archive.org/web/20071101043238/http://www.newsandevents.utoronto.ca/bin2/020218c.asp

https://magazine.utoronto.ca/research-ideas/culture-society/the-gay-voice-why-do-some-gay-men-talk-different/

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/11/where-did-gay-lisp-stereotype-come

Enough that study that will record a number of men and ask people listening to the recording to identify gay and straight among the group they statistically do better than randomness pick would do.

But obviously like for everything, the study is clear that:

Not all gay men sound gay, perhaps fewer than half, Rogers says. “It was interesting that the straightest-sounding voice in the study was in fact a gay man and the sixth gayest-sounding voice was a straight man. It’s quite ordinary for gay men not to sound gay and every now and then you find a straight man who sounds gay.”

Has for the acting in a movie should never be obvious for the watcher that the person is gay or not by how the person dress, act, speech. One would think that, but actually it is a controversial debate to have only represent could pass hetero a la Dave Rubin and never having them sounding and looking gay.

https://medium.com/th-ink/the-internalized-homophobia-of-straight-acting-gay-men-82012d5ddc87

Straight passing gays do really well in today society, they make more money than straight people in average. Apparently the issue is more for non straight passing gays:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/the-envy-that-dare-not-speak-its-name_b_59dcb080e4b0a1bb90b830db

It is not just some made up false stereotype, that why in Love Simon you have him talk to a non straight passing gay teenager about it and it was easy to understand.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, efialtes76 said:

3 reviews in France:

One of 4 stars and two of 3.

Allocine

So far a 3.3/5 avg for Aladdin

Jungle Book: 3.8 (26 critics)

Dumbo: 3.7 (34 critics)

Alice in Wonderland: 3.5 (31 critics)

Pete's Dragon: 3.3 (21 critics)

Beauty & The Beast:  3.1 (23 critics)

Cinderella: 3.0 (28 critics)

Alice 2 - Into The Looking Glass: 2.7  (28 critics)

:thinking:  ..... Burton love  & Branagh hate