grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

Just now, Porthos said:

Like if you're reading this Disney, WE WERE JOKING WHEN WE CALLED THIS THE MEMORIAL DAY DEATH SLOT SACRIFICE.  You weren't supposed to take us literally!!!

Tracking was at $80M three weeks ago with some sources showing $100M+. If it goes over the latter mark, that'll be a win. It's not like Solo where tracking was clearly off (projections showed in the days before it was headed for $135-170M over the 4-day and ended up being very much off the mark).

4 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Disney is far from infallible when it comes to  marketing their movies.

People are still predicting a $100m 4-day OW for this, so lets see how it opens first imo

Just now, filmlover said:

Tracking was at $80M three weeks ago with some sources showing $100M+. If it goes over the latter mark, that'll be a win. It's not like Solo where tracking was clearly off (projections showed in the days before it was headed for $135-170M over the 4-day and ended up being very much off the mark).

If the movie is good enough to secure a high 70s RT, I believe I am saying that maaaaaaaybe Disney could have screened it for critics earlier/lifted the embargo earlier to help build buzz and possibly get a higher OW than they will get.

---

Now, maybe with the speed of today's social media it won't matter as much.  But I'm pretty sure Disney would have liked a week of strong pre-sales from a review embargo boost than 24 hours.

I also saw that the social media embargo was even stricter than a SW one, believe it or not:

I mean, c'mon Disney...

4 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It will be ironic if this ends up fresh and with $ 100M 4-Day after basically everyone buried the movie because of the tragic commercial on february.

Yeah, it would be quite epic ngl

• Haha 1

Relax, Will Smith genie is a big delight

Jasmine is fantastic, her voice is beautiful

Aladdin is good cast

Chemistry between Jasmine and Aladdin especially during the A whole new world scene gets high praises.

There are two new songs, they are fine but sadly not catching up to the originals.

Hot Jafar is terrible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Astonished 2

1 minute ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

This better gross gangbusters, I want my Little Mermaid remake. Disney better not cancel it if this flops. 

1. It's already been given the go-ahead.

2. They won't cancel it regardless how this turns out.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1