grim22

Aladdin live action movie | 24 MAY 2019 | Disney | 7th most profitable movie of 2019. Disney does it again!

To be honest if it weren’t for the Memorial Day spot that Disney sends films to die, I think this could’ve been bigger than Beast even with Ritchie. Being sandwiched between three four quadrant family films all aiming for $200M DOM in the span of 8 weeks isn’t good and competing for marketing with Disney’s other films isn’t good. We’ve seen the IW/Solo/I2/AMATW combo last year and arguably both Moana and Coco would’ve been bigger if they weren’t trapped between a Marvel and Star Wars film.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

16 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

To be honest if it weren’t for the Memorial Day spot that Disney sends films to die, I think this could’ve been bigger than Beast even with Ritchie. Being sandwiched between three four quadrant family films all aiming for $200M DOM in the span of 8 weeks isn’t good and competing for marketing with Disney’s other films isn’t good. We’ve seen the IW/Solo/I2/AMATW combo last year and arguably both Moana and Coco would’ve been bigger if they weren’t trapped between a Marvel and Star Wars film.

Honestly, Disney really has no excuses if it doesn't open well though. Sure Pika Pika will be huge, but it will also be in its third weekend. Marekting and the movie itself will be the only things to blame if it opens low. Legs on the other hand are probably fucked, even if WOM is decent. SLOP right after, and TS4 right after that. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Honestly, Disney really has no excuses if it doesn't open well though. Sure Pika Pika will be huge, but it will also be in its third weekend. Marekting and the movie itself will be the only things to blame if it opens low. Legs on the other hand are probably fucked, even if WOM is decent. SLOP right after, and TS4 right after that. 

Marketing imho is key, it can make or break a film more than anything. Even though I hate the live action copy paste remakes Disney can still turn it around, despite two shitty teasers and bad buzz. Show the music, show the classic bits and a better Genie. 

I do agree on legs, i can't see over 2.3x the four day cause of it.

• Like 1

Hahaha, so soon!! :) Praise to Allah, the haters are so f*cked!

29 minutes ago, Cappoedameron said:

I feel like it's too little too late. First impressions are so important and that trailer really put a sour note for this movie.

Haha, lol, no, it's not how it works. All that you had till now is whiny haters (like you?) giving this movie much needed free publicity and exposure.

Edited by shayhiri
  • Like 1

Just now, TMP said:

Under $200m dom locked.

I just hope tomorrow's trailer is as nightmarish as the last teaser.

Then you have some serious issues, dude, better see a med. But I suppose that's what bad superhero movies do to you after a while.

Anyways, you're in for a fuckload of disappointment.

• Like 1

Just now, shayhiri said:

Then you have some serious issues, dude, better see a med. But I suppose that's what bad superhero movies do to you after a while.

Anyways, you're in for a fuckload of disappointment.

I'd rather have a weird, garish Guy Ritchie nightmare than a lot of the other cookie-cutter looking Disney remakes tbh

• Like 1

I can’t see under $200M even if Ritchie completely fucks up, Disney will fudge it to $200M even if it crawls there like Ralph 2.  Anywhere from $240M DOM to $300M DOM seems right

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I can’t see under $200M even if Ritchie completely fucks up, Disney will fudge it to $200M even if it crawls there like Ralph 2.  Anywhere from $240M DOM to $300M DOM seems right

I can definitely see under 200m if this trailer doesn't fix the negative buzz and it opens low. Again, legs are kinda screwed. 

26 minutes ago, TMP said:

This film has nothing to do with Islam, so unless you're Muslim yourself I don't see why you had to say that?

To be fair, Allah is the term that Arabic speaking individuals use to refer to God and does not just refer to the God that Muslim’s pray to. 

• Like 2