ddddeeee

Emmy nominations 2015

Some thoughts:

No Big Bang or Parsons was the best part of the nominations for me.

Yay for P&R in Series! Disappointed Chris Pratt wasn't nominated though.

Great nominations for Saul, and I'm glad Five-0 was nominated in Writing and not the pilot. Also good to see The Americans nominated.

2 Directing nominations for GOT but no Hardhome?

Pamela Adlon got a long overdue nomination for Louie.

It finally looks like Modern Family won't win since it didn't get Directing or Writing nominations, thank God.

Edited by WrathOfHan

I love Dinklage, but it seems as if he's the Emmy's default male GoT nominee. Emilia? Love her but NO.  Sam Heughan and/or Tobias Menzies deserved a nod for Outlander, just for the last two episodes alone.  BUT, we know how the Emmys treat fantasy/sci-fi and they probably think they more than fulfilled their obligation with GoT, Maslany, and AHS.  LOVE the Finn Witrock nom.  He was terrifyingly psycho as Dandy.

Wow, OITNB only got 4 nominations this year: Series, Supporting Actress, Guest Actor, and Casting. Season 2 wouldn't get as many nominations as Season 1 but I didn't expect the drop to be that big. It's definitely getting snubbed next year with S3's drop in quality.

Edited by WrathOfHan

Oof.

Looking at the drama nominations, it was kind of a shit year for TV these past 12 months, eh?

Hard to see how Mad Men and Hamm don't get their respective wins, even if I felt this past half season was in the bottom half of Mad Men seasons.

The only show I watch* that got any noms was Kimmy Schmidt, and Kemper missed out on a nom :( Also, I have no clue how Fey got nominated for Guest Actress lol

*I also watch House of Cards but this season was so disappointing that I try to ignore it.

• Like 1

Oof.

Looking at the drama nominations, it was kind of a shit year for TV these past 12 months, eh?

Hard to see how Mad Men and Hamm don't get their respective wins, even if I felt this past half season was in the bottom half of Mad Men seasons.

Well if they didn't inexplicably ignore FX's programming you'd see The Americans and Justified getting just desserts for their excellent seasons (in particular The Americans).

But of course, the only thing from either show to get any credit is Margo Martindale in The Americans, which is pretty much just because she's Margo Martindale and for no other reason.

• Like 1

The only show I watch* that got any noms was Kimmy Schmidt, and Kemper missed out on a nom :( Also, I have no clue how Fey got nominated for Guest Actress lol

*I also watch House of Cards but this season was so disappointing that I try to ignore it.

Guest Actress was empty this year, at least Pamela Adlon finally got in.

Well if they didn't inexplicably ignore FX's programming you'd see The Americans and Justified getting just desserts for their excellent seasons (in particular The Americans).

But of course, the only thing from either show to get any credit is Margo Martindale in The Americans, which is pretty much just because she's Margo Martindale and for no other reason.

And Writing. Martindale has been namechecked the past two seasons.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Guest Actress was empty this year, at least Pamela Adlon finally got in.

And Writing. Martindale has been namechecked the past two seasons.

Yeah, I missed writing. Still, Martindale did nothing interesting performance wise, it's kinda laughable that of the great performances in the past two seasons (Rhys in S2 was good enough to at least pose a mild challenge to Cranston and McConaughey) she gets free nods just for showing up.

• Like 1

Oof.

House of Cards getting in at the expense of so many others is just bad

Also, Kyle Chandler is going to screw Hamm over. Just like in 2011 when Hamm thought he'd win with Breaking Bad not showing up in time that year.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1