WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

This Fantastic Four doesn't seem to have a childish tone as the other 2 F4 movies. This one seems mature.

And also...OS could prevent this from being a bomb.

Most people are taking about domestic I believe when we refer to bomb, right now these type of movies are getting a huge share overseas no matter which title it is.

Ant-Man isn't doing too bad it should do projections domestic total wise around 160 million domestic or so and make a killing overseas. Ant-Man is a much tougher superhero to market than The Avengers, or The Dark Knight in comparison.

I don't think it will make a killing overseas, but I always thought that Ant-man would performed on par with CA:TFA.  

I think Universal should rerelease an extended cut of JW in two years or so and take the top spot from Avatar, give them some of their own medicine.

The re-release won't make 100m.

• Like 1

A version where the dinosaurs have feathers.

Yes! Dinosaurs with feathers for the first time on the big screen. It's going to make as much as the JP 3D re-release at least if not more

Edited by scoobysaurus

Doctor Strange's potential is not gonna be much more than Ant-Man.

Tumblr will try to convince us otherwise though. I predict millions of Cumberbatch gifs and people freaking out over him as Strange. Will help it just as much as it helped Star Trek Into Darkness.

• Like 2

It really is no wonder the mediocrity present has caught on to Marvel. When the overlords are intent on mediocrity, what else would you expect eventually?

Honestly Feige needed to be kept in check. Not that he cares about what I think, but he should because as seen with Avengers, there still is a sizeable amount of audience that aren't automatically going to turn up. Unless the quality gets better and by that i mean enough of the dictated shit that's only reason of existence is to serve the joke the universe has become, they're going to burn out the audience faster. I would hope there would be only so much money and quality even fanboys are willing to take. Fanboys will never see it but this universe isn't a book series. I don't want to see unrelated shit being stuffed in to serve a sequel five years down the line. It's not smart, it is pathetic.

Damn...the Marvel backlash is real.

I am not the greatest fan of the Marvel Films movies (I am a fan of certain Marvel characters, though), but even I can see that the MARVEL films are nowhere even close to being "shit" or "a joke" or "pathetic." At least not yet.

Film critics seem to agree. When MARVEL films start getting Rotten ratings consensuses left and right and actual flop numbers, then we can agree that it's time for a Marvel overhaul.

As of now, the films keep getting solid reviews and solid box office; why would they change a winning formula just when it's working?

• Like 3

No, completely different demographics. Ant-Man's audience is Minions, JW, IO.

I can understand Ant-Man sharing an audience with JW, but not Minions and IO.  There is nothing "kiddie" about A-M.  Nothing. And I wouldn't take anyone under 10 to see it.