WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

RE: Ant-Man

...... but they had to be hoping for more[$60m-ish OW].

Short of a statement from Feige or Iger that resembles the Sony studio head calling for TASM2 to be a Billion dollar film, no, absolutely not.

Not for this property. There is nothing to think that they were hoping for more. Nothing to think they might think this is "in-line" or better than hoped.

We know the cost, we know the studios track record so from that we, passive observers can at least call $60m-ish pretty good. 

And 70% for IO.. wouldn't want to put too much faith in either number but I have to satisfy the JW/Pixar hordes.

I leave you guys in Rth's (more capable) hands! I'm probably out the rest of the day.

Thanks Gopher, enjoy your night bud.

If minions hits 16 itll do close to 60. Probably 58-59

How do you figure? DM1 and 2 had similar IMs for their second weekend and would give Minions $52M with a $16M. Minions would have a bigger Friday increase than either, but that's probably more correcting for the weak Thursday number than anything.

Edited by Biggestgeekever
  • Like 1

Nope. This is mid-July. IO's second weekend is what it should be looking to beat.

Nope. Family movies jump 45-50% at times. This will too on Saturday.

• Like 1