WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: Ant-Man 58.04 | Minions 50.24 | Trainwreck 30.24 | IO 11.66 | JW 11.36 (Page 88)

I forgot to mention that while audience reaction was decent for my Ant-Man screening, the one thing which got the most applause was the Force Awakens trailer.

I wish my theater would have put that in front of Jurassic World, I'd have loved to have heard the reactions to it from my sellout opening-night crowd. (Hacienda Crossings is weird, this was the first time I saw the BvS trailer also - it wasn't put in front of AOU or JW, even though the trailer was out.)

• Like 1

I see a complete overhaul of Marvel after the shitty year they're having

This will sound silly but as SOON as I saw their Phase 3 video announcement I thought they were throwing both of their 2015 releases under the bus. Like, they were already too focused on 2016-2019 to make 2015 matter. Who cares about the Age of Ultron when TWO Infinity Wars are coming? Who cares about Ant-Man when a slew of weirder, cooler superheroes were coming? And then neither of the marketing campaigns were particularly ingenious.

Good news for Ant-Man is that I see no reason WOM shouldn't be solid, it's a fun movie that plays well with a crowd.

• Like 3

How is this hypocrisy? I like what i like. I dont care what others think of my choices. Youre free to like what you like. Some people like the redundancy of marble some people like Friday the 13th.

Its hypocrisy when you hold what other people like to different standards than what you hold your own favorites to.

• Like 3

It had an OW of about $190m OW, and thats like 2.3x multiplier.

Horrible legs.

So now if a movie doesn't have good legs it's a flop regardless of how much it grosses? Where did we dig up this guy?

Marvels dominance has to burst eventually.

They're making something relatively simple way, WAY too complex. When you start adding in Agents of SHIELD, other superheroes and an Avengers sequel that literally ends with the Avengers made mostly up of supporting superheroes, it's natural that audiences' attention spans will slip very quickly.

This is just getting way too much, as much as I did like Ant Man I am now finding myself rolling my eyes at most of the MCU stuff. Too much.

• Like 4

I'm 99% convinced at this point that Dynami / Novathron is a troll, and he's playing us all.

I don't know if he's a troll. More like a random word generator that mostly uses words heavily used on this forum. Like flop.
  • Like 6

Its hypocrisy when you hold what other people like to different standards than what you hold your own favorites to.

No its not. Marvel is the same shit every time and it bores me at times.

Friday the 13th is the same shit and i love it. We all have our preferences.

• Like 4