grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

I wonder if marvel is starting to get nervous?

Ant-Man is a D-list character to the general public.

If Ant-Man makes over 400 m WW then I think Disney/Marvel will be satisfied, business-wise.

Not every Marvel movie has 600-800 m potential.

If Civil War makes less than Iron Man 3 despite having Spider-man and all of the Avengers, then it's time to reassess things.

• Like 1

If I was Marvel I'd start getting nervous about Doctor Strange and Black Panther as well. They aren't very well known characters either. 

After Civil Wars flops, they will be extremely worried indeed, I predict..

After Civil Wars flops, they will be extremely worried indeed, I predict..

:rolleyes: Ant-Man's not even bombing, it's still going to make back it's budget and then a litte, if that' the worst Marvel can do I think they'll be okay, if Civil War sucks than they might start to get worried. but there's no way it will bomb. it could probably make CW numbers and still be considered a success.  

Edited by Kalo

If I was Marvel I'd start getting nervous about Doctor Strange and Black Panther as well. They aren't very well known characters either. 

Doctor Strange really was as unnecessary as they come. At least Ant-Man has an excuse in the form of Edgar Wright. Strange is all on Feige's hands.

• Like 1

Doctor Strange really was as unnecessary as they come. At least Ant-Man has an excuse in the form of Edgar Wright. Strange is all on Feige's hands.

They better work to keep the budgets down for both those movies. I can see the Strange budget being around what AM was but the BP movie should have an even lower budget than that. If they can do a Dead Pool movie for 30-40m then there's no reason they need to spend more than 70-80m on BP.

Black Panther will be appearing in a movie alongside Spider-Man and the Avengers. Plus hell be in Infinity War 2 months before his own solo film. He'll be fine.

He won't have a prominent role, it won't translate to solo movie success. 

FOX is going to run into the same thing with the Gambit solo film, no one cares about Gambit.