grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

Films I will see in the cinema this year --

Maggie

Southpaw

Love & Mercy

Paper Towns

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

A LEGO Brickumentary

Fantastic Four

Ricki & The Flash

The Man From UNCLE

Straight Outta Compton

American Ultra

Hitman: Agent 47

Jane Got a Gun

The Transporter Refuelled

A Walk In The Woods

Black Mass

Captive

Everest

Maze Runner Scorch Trials

Hotel Transylvania 2

Stonewall

The Martian

Legend

The Walk

Adam Jones

Steve Jobs

Pan

Bridge of Spies

Crimson Peak

Goosebumps

Rock the Kasbah

Scouts vs. Zombies

The Peanuts Movie

Spectre

Trumbo

By the Sea

Mockingjay part 2

Creed

The Good Dinosaur

Midnight Special

Seth Rogen Christmas movie

Victor Frankenstein

The Danish Girl

In the Heart of the Sea

Sisters

Point Break

Snowden

Joy

STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS

and I'll see a bunch of others too no doubt.

there, plenty of movies coming up before the end of the year! :)

I don't have the money to see that many films in the cinema. I catch up on most my movies through streaming.

After seeing Pixels I am 100% convinced that whatever "talent" Sandler may have possessed at one time is so far gone that he could live for another century and never reclaim it. The man is just a horrendous cankersore in his medium at this point. Pixels should have been an easy fun summer comedy. The concept was completely there for it to work as such. But Sandler can't do anything right anymore. Shame on them for blowing a great concept on that hack. Serves Sony right.

The sad part is...Sandler has dragged Chris Columbus down from his recent position as a mediocre has been to a utterly awful Sandler director.

Oh how Columbus misses being mediocre.

• Like 1

After seeing Pixels I am 100% convinced that whatever "talent" Sandler may have possessed at one time is so far gone that he could live for another century and never reclaim it. The man is just a horrendous cankersore in his medium at this point. Pixels should have been an easy fun summer comedy. The concept was completely there for it to work as such. But Sandler can't do anything right anymore. Shame on them for blowing a great concept on that hack. Serves Sony right.

Yet again, Sandler's company got the rights to "Pixels". They took it to Sony, not the other way around.

• Like 1

Maybe Pixels just wasn't meant to work as anything longer than the Futurama sketch it was based on. Certainly not in Sandler's hands, at any rate.

they took the idea from Futurama? Shame on them that was a good show.

Didn't know where to bring this up, but I just saw Lucy.

How the hell did that film get a near 3x multiplier and U$458M worldwide? Like, I don't even know if I liked it or not, but it's certainly one of the most batshit blockbusters I've seen recently. The fact that it made so much money actually pleases me, in a way. The power of Scarjo!

• Like 2

Pixels is super fun tbh. The only issues I had with it were the ending and Adam Sandler making the script sound worse than it probably was. Like any other actor could've played his role better. Still, everyone else was good (yes, including Kevin James!) and it was just an enjoyable summer romp. Could see it having a 4x.

• Like 1

Pixels 9-9.5

Ant-Man 7

Minions 6.6

Paper Towns 6.3

Trainwreck 5.2

Southpaw 4.9-5.3

IO 2.15

JW 2

Bad all around (except our best buds IO/JW, obviously). 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 13

Yeah well the comedy in pixels is obviously aimed at a certain audience and if you don't find it funny it's because you don't get it. No I'm not saying that to be pretentious it's just the truth. If you don't get the comedy in pixels you don't really know much about the era. So that can also be blamed on the filmmakers I guess. But I will never change my tune about critics they don't know anything more than what you and I do.

Tbf, I'm not from the 80s, but I found most of the comedy in Pixels decent-to-funny. Sandler's character was a bit over-the-top annoying, but I think that was more his acting style that grates on me nowadays. I was laughing at the Dink and Gad quite a bit, and even Kevin James made chuckle a few times.

Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Ray Liotta, Andy Garcia and Brendan Fraser as the leads of True Detective season 3. My head just exploded.

Didn't Garcia get that Ghostbusters gig though? That could be good for him.

• Like 1

Pixels 9-9.5

Ant-Man 7

Minions 6.6

Paper Towns 6.3

Trainwreck 5.2

Southpaw 4.9-5.3

IO 2.15

JW 2

Those are awful numbers for literally every movie except JW/IO. Looks like no one wanted to go watch anything today.

Edited by grim22

Wait.. You just realise that, now??? :mellow:

With Sandler and other types of movies I'm iffy on, I usually trust critics. Other movies I'm more into, I'll try regardless. I'm just saying that I shouldn't have participated in the Sandler pile-on earlier this week. :)

Didn't know where to bring this up, but I just saw Lucy.

How the hell did that film get a near 3x multiplier and U$458M worldwide? Like, I don't even know if I liked it or not, but it's certainly one of the most batshit blockbusters I've seen recently. The fact that it made so much money actually pleases me, in a way. The power of Scarjo!

One of the biggest box office surprises in years. 

scarlett_johansson_30.gif

• Like 2

Pixels 9-9.5

Ant-Man 7

Minions 6.6

Paper Towns 6.3

Trainwreck 5.2

Southpaw 4.9-5.3

IO 2.15

JW 2

tumblr_inline_nr8dfxYGj31res47q_500.gif

Man those # are awful outside of IO & JW.

Pathetic for pixels. May struggle to do even 25M.

22-23M weekend (55% drop) for Minions. Pathetic. 350M is gone now as well....... Probably finish around 330M.

23-24M for Ant-Man (59% drop). Decent, I suppose. Its probable run from here:

After 2nd weekend 105M

Mon-Thurs 11M

Fri-Sun 11-12M (127-128M cume)

Mon-Thurs 5.5-6M

Fri-Sun 5-6M (137.5-140M cume)

Rest of the run 12.5-15M

Finish: 150-155M

35-40% drop for both IO and JW. Very nice. These two will finish pretty close to 350M and 650M respectively.