grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

Preview showtimes in OC for the openers:

- Vacation with 75 showtimes 2 days prior to release

- Rogue Nation with 73 showtimes 4 days prior

Baselines for 2 days prior to opening: Pixels 102 (it actually reduced the day of release and ended with 88 - kind of unprecedented), Southpaw with 62, Paper Towns with 57. For 1 day prior to opening: Terminator + Magic Mike 156, Ant-Man 142, Trainwreck 75, Minions 227.  No baselines for 4 days prior.

Looks like Vacation may do around 2M to 2.5M if showtime escalation continues. Would compare favorably to We Are The Millers which made 1.7M Tuesday previews.

Rogue Nation looking to do around 5-6M if showtimes increase as expected.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

I just realized that Rogue Nation does not have 3D. Reduce that to 4-5M unless showtimes really increase way more than expected in the remaining 4 days.

<_<

Edited by CJohn

Preview showtimes in OC for the openers:

- Vacation with 75 showtimes 2 days prior to release

- Rogue Nation with 73 showtimes 4 days prior

Baselines for 2 days prior to opening: Pixels 102 (it actually reduced the day of release and ended with 88 - kind of unprecedented), Southpaw with 62, Paper Towns with 57. For 1 day prior to opening: Terminator + Magic Mike 156, Ant-Man 142, Trainwreck 75, Minions 227. No baselines for 4 days prior.

Looks like Vacation may do around 2M to 2.5M if showtime escalation continues. Would compare favorably to We Are The Millers which made 1.7M Tuesday previews.

Rogue Nation looking to do around 5-6M if showtimes increase as expected.

Hoping Vacation can reach Miller numbers. I know my whole family is planning on going Tuesday night. I'm hoping for a 35 million 5 day. Edited by Rman823

Vacation has been heavily advertised on local stations that have been saying "Tickets On Sale Now" and the spots have reminded of those old school TV spots from back in the day(70's and 80's) where they would show the freeze frame poster/image of the cast at the end of the spot and say from New Line Cinema.

• Like 1

You don't think it's crossing 1B?

It has a very good chance

Minions is doing very well overseas, I think it really has a chance not only for 1B, but for 1,1, as the new biggest animated ever (not counting those released in November 2013).

• Like 1

Minions is doing very well overseas, I think it really has a chance not only for 1B, but for 1,1, as the new biggest animated ever (not counting those released in November 2013).

it should fudge it's way to a billion.

No one can argue that Paper Towns did well when even the head of Fox distribution said he was "Mystified".

“I’m really somewhat mystified,” said Chris Aronson, domestic distribution chief at Fox. “It’s something we’re going to have to look at and review on a post-mortem basis and find out why we didn’t get more people in.”

• Like 1

No one can argue that Paper Towns did well when even the head of Fox distribution said he was "Mystified".

“I’m really somewhat mystified,” said Chris Aronson, domestic distribution chief at Fox. “It’s something we’re going to have to look at and review on a post-mortem basis and find out why we didn’t get more people in.”

Lmao, they still can't believe that shit number. :lol: 

IO had a nice opening weekend in the UK. ABOUT 11 million USD, probably on its way to 50-55 million. Pixar movies typically don't have huge openings in the UK but have nice extended runs. Also looks like it will have nice legs in Japan.