Pixels (2015)  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Pixels

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Was better then I was expecting. I think I got it more since a lot of it was stuff I grew up with and the VG refs were awesome. (like Mars Attacks in a way which was disliked big time in 1996) If you don't like games you will hate this film, but for us gamers it is great.

B+

It's a good time surprisingly. The action sequences and montage sequences are done with a lot of retro flair, and once the story gets going, it's a juvenile but fun blockbuster. Sandler is bad, and Gad can be grating at points, but Dinklage delivers a wonderfully weird performances while Kevin James is actually humorous for once. It's got a better child actor than most films too. The only actively bad part of the movie is the last five minutes, which have one of the stupidest things I can remember in a recent movie. Still, the movie is otherwise fun, and I liked it. B+

Much better than I thought it would be given the reviews. The plot moves along well and I liked all the characters. Sean Bean was kinda wasted though. The jokes were kinda hit and miss.

Not really my generation, but my mom got all the references. The whole theatre was singing along with Josh Gad too.

If anyone is thinking about seeing it, I recommend it. Just know what it is: a dude bro comedy with lots of early 80s references.

Just got out of the movies, and I have to say I'm very pleased! I went in knowing full well that it was going to be a movie you can't take seriously (I mean come on, it is a dumb movie when you look at it), but I was shocked at how much the emotional scenes and characters affected me. I genuinely cared for them, and especially for little cubert (sp?). Some stuff I kind of rolled my eyes at, and the beginning was a bit slow. However, once the first action scene with the centerpedes happen, I was into it! Graphics looked awesome, action scenes looked really cool (loved PAC man!!!!!), acting was good, script actually wasn't bad either.

Overall I'd totally see this again, it was def a fun movie. I'd give it a B rating, 7.5/10 overall.

• Like 1

I really enjoyed this! Sandler wasn't too annoying and Josh Gad was great! I love the retro games so it was cool seeing all the old game characters and Kevin James was even pretty good. I had low expectations but this greatly surprised me and was very funny!

8/10

• Like 1

My mini-review from a couple of days ago:

Just came back from a screening of Pixels. Before the movie, they took away all cell phones, searched every bag, and used a metal detector wand on everybody. I thought this was way too much security for the horrible movie I'm about too see.

But I have to say, I actually liked this movie. I enjoyed all of it.  The special effects were great.  The cast was great. Dinklage had some really funny one-liners. Sandler and Gad were funny too.  I usually find Sandler and Kevin James a bit annoying, but not in this one.  

I don't really have anything negative to say, except that they could have done so much with the 3D in this movie, but it was wasted.  

I could be wrong, but I think a lot of people will like it as well.

B+

Looks like I was right, "regular people" seem to be enjoying Pixels. It's just the critics that seem out to sabotage this. 

• Like 1

Count me in as one of the people that enjoyed the film.  Now I will not say it was great, but I had fun with it and that is good enough sometimes.

I enjoyed all the 80s references since I was around at that time :P  From the Max headroom, to Hall & Oates on MTV, the lines waiting for an arcade game, etc, etc, it was a nice throwback.  I liked Sandler's talk to the kid about games then about how you left the house to play and all that  lol

Once the action got going, I thought it got better which is really the main selling point of the movie anyway.

Q*bert was funny too

I would give it at least a B

Fuck this movie. Seriously, Seriously horrible. This movie cater to people like me who grew up during the NES/SNES/N-64 generation of gaming. I  was actually looking forward to this movie, but it failed in all aspect. The only thing I might recommend is the action sequences with Pac-Man. The way they made the graphics look like the original game was cool. But, I can't recommend this movie when there is other better movies out right now. Like Inside Out, Jurassic World, and even mediocre Ant-Man.

D+

Big ol B from me. A lot of fun and doesn't take itself too seriously. Only issues I could think of were that some of the lines that came out of Dinklage's mouth were fucking terrible, but he himself was great. And who the hell casts Jane Krakowski (sp) and doesn't tell her to go bat shit crazy! Waste of an awesome acts

• Like 1

I cried.

Because of all the wasted potential.

It's one great scene followed by a god-awful scene. Insert coin.

And I actually liked almost all the cast. Except Dinklage. Peter Fucking Dinklage was bad in this.

I cried.

4/10

Took me some time but finally saw this - 8/10, A-

surprisingly decent acting all around (never thought I'd give a movie with Sandler in it an A), just charming and manages to be funny without references to bodily fluids and functions which seems all the craze for US comedies. Sure, nothing deep or moving in here, but it's so fast-paced this really doesn't matter.

well, I didn't get how he used the console cheat codes to speed his Mini, but I guess in a movie about real-life space invaders, logic has to take a back seat :)

• Like 1