Asyulus

Official Weekend Estimates |MI5 - 56M; Vacation - 14.9M; Ant-Man - 12.6M; Minions - 12.2M; Pixels - 10.4M; Trainwreck - 9.7M| Pg58

So......

MI5 - 57M / 170M

Ant-Man - 12M (-52%) / 170M

Minions - 12M (-48%) / 325M

Inside Out - 4.7M (-36%) / 350M

Jurassic World - 4.2M (-41%) / 645M

AntMan wont come near 170 mill

• Like 2

Tracking was saying mid 30, but analysts said 40M should happen. 

I read slightly above $40m, the reason they seem to have amped up the advertising...

Too many people over there have been trying to talk it down all week.

:welcome: to the forum!

Welcome to the forums, hopefully you aren't Movieman.  :D

How many accounts did movieman try to open? Over 20 or? Not only out of curiousity, but also as a hint about recognising the many work you all have to do, I am guessing the most will not be aware of. I appreciate it a lot

Any way of me giving numbers to everybody but this guy?

(I mean Rth is a god but don't be mean!)

I am appreciating your contributions a lot.

I think both of you (you and rth) are a great source of not only pure BO numbers, but also to get a feeling for developments of WOM or differences in trends per region, like from EC to WC and other details.

How often you 'guess' (I forgot the right term) so very near to the final numbers out of early small percentage details amezes me strongly.

The posts of both of you I see as majorly pure constructive, adding meaning (I realise the 'normal' conversational ones exist too, you are both not only numbers but people with likes and dislikes too.... :wub: )

In opposition the other user (the 'mean' one) seems to love to litter the sub-forums with literally hundreds of pointless one word / short sentences posts :angry: and other posts (seemingly on the hunt on high post-counts) I see not as constructive. Tends to write deprecatingly too :badday:, otherwise mostly 'empty' posts = not giving the vibe of an 'normal' user IMHO. Seems also to be not very knowledable about the business in general, .... the only reason he/she isn't already (as the first one here) on my ingnore list is: I might have missed this weekend thread.... aka a thread-starter.

In this case IMHO even a kind of 'thread stealer', as grim22 did the post with the 1st datas for the weekend.

The tracking was bullshit.

I knew it, fuck you tracking I'm smarter than you.

They amped up the advertising,,... see the details the other users had added here repeatedly already.... a lot = impact on the OW numbers ....

Reminder:

long range forecast was

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation Jul 31, 2015 Paramount $71,000,000 $197,000,000

http://pro.boxoffice.com/featured_stories/2015-06-long-range-forecast-mission-impossible-rogue-nation

Weekend forecast was (after the tracking was out and Paramount had reacted to it):

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation Jul 31, 2015 Paramount $57,000,000 $57,000,000

http://pro.boxoffice.com/featured_stories/2015-07-weekend-forecast-mission-impossible-rogue-nation-vacation

Tracking was (datas seemingly partly still from before Paramount reacted, see Variety's tracking detail):

...tracking is a bit low on this one, with Paramount proclaiming an expected Fri-Sun debut of a bit over $40m.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2015/07/28/mission-impossible-rogue-nation-review-better-than-bourne-better-than-bond/

and already mentioning Twitter... interest... (16 July 2015), mentioning roughly $40m tracking....

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/box-office-early-tracking-soft-for-mission-impossible-1201541833/

Why people predicted flat Sat when SA, AM both increased on Sat.

I guess cause both were non-sequels.

Also SA was in late May when schools are open so Friday can be slightly muted. (It's Sun to Mon drop was 70% so schools were not closed)

Edited by a2k

VACATION earned an estimated $4.5M on Friday. 3-day domestic total is $10.82M. #Vacation

$14-14.5 million 3 day is good for Vacation considering how bad its Wed/Thurs was.

Might leg its way to $75-80m with how little competition there is this August.

Edited by mahnamahna
  • Like 1