kayumanggi

OUR BRAND IS CRISIS | 10.30.15 | Warner Brothers | final domestic gross: $7,002,261

So in other words, you thought it was pretty decent?

It is uneven as hell. The first act is dramedy, the second is basically straight comedy (that is quite funny) and the third takes a really dramatic turn that doesn't really work.

In pieces it is good, but as whole it doesn't work. The message is really disconcerting, in my opinion and it when it tries to turn important it reads smarmy.

Bullock's performance is really really good though. I think about it a lot. If the movie was better she could've lander herself an easy Oscar nomination.

• Like 3

Sandra Bullock doesn't have the same draw power OS. Interstellar without 3D destroyed Gravity OS. Of course it will open in some territories, but it will get cancelled in many others as well.

Interstellar grossed 487 million OS versus Gravity's 449 million. I'd hardly call a global difference of 38 million "box office destruction." 

• Like 1

Interstellar grossed 487 million OS versus Gravity's 449 million. I'd hardly call a global difference of 38 million "box office destruction." 

Lets not forget one had 3D and the other didn't. It destroyed Gravity in tickets sold. 

• Like 2

Our Brand is Crisis is just a terrible name. I mean the trailer and the poster are also pretty bad but that name makes me want to see the movie even less.

It's a good name, but not for this movie.

Maybe if it was a film about people manufacturing crises in 2nd/3rd World countries for their/others' gain.

• Like 2

• Community Manager
It's a good name, but not for this movie.

Maybe if it was a film about people manufacturing crises in 2nd/3rd World countries for their/others' gain.

I would watch the hell out of that movie.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The movie made more in that little place called UK than North America ($3.3 v $3.2m) last weekend. And in the UK, Sandra Bullock is not the megastar she is in America, and Crisis was up against the record-breaking Spectre. I think this shows some terrible marketing, or lack of it. Ironic, as marketing is one of the themes explored in the movie.  

4 hours ago, Bond Bug said:

The movie made more in that little place called UK than North America ($3.3 v $3.2m) last weekend. And in the UK, Sandra Bullock is not the megastar she is in America, and Crisis was up against the record-breaking Spectre. I think this shows some terrible marketing, or lack of it. Ironic, as marketing is one of the themes explored in the movie.  

It's funny you should say that....

Star System ‘Crisis’ Dings Warner Bros.: Monday Box Office Postmortem

A star-driven project from a major studio nosedives at the box office and in a raremove, Warner Bros took the blame, instead of the star. We’re of course talking aboutSandra Bullock’s $30M-budgeted political comedy Our Brand Is Crisis, whose shakyToronto International Film Festival reviews signaled problems early on, culminatingin what became the actress’ worst wide opening of her career at $3.2M, saddled witha C+ CinemaScore by moviegoers and a 33% Rotten rating.

On Saturday, Warner Bros. worldwidehead of distribution/marketing SueKroll said to Deadline: The weekendresults for Our Brand Is Crisis areupsetting. The film was truly acollaboration between the studio and thefilmmakers, and Sandys performance isterrific in this film. We cherish ourrelationship with her. Ultimately,neither the concept of the story, nor thecampaign connected with moviegoers.

Mind you, this is the same marketing wiz who engineered the campaigns behind suchsuccesses as American Sniper and Gravity as well as The Dark Knight, TheHobbit and Harry Potter franchises. Even though Warner Bros box office to date is10% ahead of the same frame last year at $1.4B, its off 16% from the banner year of2009, when the studio crossed the $2B mark. Our Brand finishes the weekend aanother costly bomb for the Burbank lot this year following Pan ($150M estimatedcost), The Man From U.N.C.L.E ($75M estimated cost), JupiterAscending ($175M) and the Zac Efron vehicle We Are Your Friends ($2M acquisitionprice).

• Like 1