AniNate

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle | December 22 2017 | Special showings for Amazon Prime members on December 8

On 13/01/2018 at 2:34 PM, shayhiri said:

Why is there no way of betting money on movies' BO, or "buying movie shares"?? :( Fuck, the Shay would have been even richer now.

Movie here is mediocre - but I totally predicted (in a post here 3 months ago) how much it was gonna smash, giving even ugly Episode 8 a run for its money.

No matter how well Jumanji is doing, it didn't give TLJ a run for its money at all.  TLJ had a disappointing total, but it's still going to finish more than 220 million ahead of Jumanji.  

On 27/11/2017 at 9:51 AM, baumer said:

I think this is way too low.  With the exception of TLJ, what else is there this holiday season that is going to get people excited, especially families?  I think this has a chance to be over 100 million by the end of the second weekend.

Yay, got one right this year.

1 hour ago, baumer said:

No matter how well Jumanji is doing, it didn't give TLJ a run for its money at all.  TLJ had a disappointing total, but it's still going to finish more than 220 million ahead of Jumanji.  

After 20th December when Jumanji was released it made more money than SW8. So when people could choose between Jumanji and SW8 more of them preferred Jumanji. 

1 hour ago, weresweresweres said:

After 20th December when Jumanji was released it made more money than SW8. So when people could choose between Jumanji and SW8 more of them preferred Jumanji. 

Probably ALL the people that have seen Jumanji, have seen TLJ too. 

However the opposite cannot be said. 

Edited by meriodejaneiro

1 hour ago, meriodejaneiro said:

Probably ALL the people that have seen Jumanji, have seen TLJ too. 

However the opposite cannot be said. 

Some people watched tfa more than one time and 2 years later they watched sw8 and jumanji if they would watch sw8 few times it would earn more money. Do you really think that movie which will gross more than 375 didn't affect others movies gross? Do you think that sw8 would lost so many theatres if jumanji wouldn't do so great?

Do you think that sw8 would lost so many theatres if jumanji wouldn't do so great?

TLJ is losing theaters about as fast as Rogue One, so Jumanji isn't affecting it as much as you think. People just aren't rewatching TLJ like they did for TFA.

Edited by Mojoguy

380 dom + 530 os = 910 ww looks like a realistic target for Jumanji imo.

It's on 452 os. Had a ~33 os weekend so should add 65-70 from current os markets.

Japan could fetch 10-15 (if not more) for 452+67.5+12.5 =  532 os.

Dom could do low 390s if it keeps pace with NATM but 380 looks good at least.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

I wouldn't expect J3 till 2020. Too rush for less than 2 years from now to compete with EpIX.

Besides, there's this project Dwayne Johnson is working on with Disney called Jungle Cruise, based on a ride at Disney's park (ala Pirates of the Caribbean).

I wonder if Disney could benefit from J2's success (The Rock + jungle), people could think that Jungle Cruise is a sort of J3.

2 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

I wouldn't expect J3 till 2020. Too rush for less than 2 years from now to compete with EpIX.

Besides, there's this project Dwayne Johnson is working on with Disney called Jungle Cruise, based on a ride at Disney's park (ala Pirates of the Caribbean).

I wonder if Disney could benefit from J2's success (The Rock + jungle), people could think that Jungle Cruise is a sort of J3.

Not to mention Wicked which could be a potential $300m+ grosser if it's good

Edited by Jonwo

2 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

J3 has few chances of making it to dec 2019. Dwayne (actor and his studio) are working on that Jungle Cruise movie for Disney, probably a big budget one, so will take time to produce and post-produce. Unless J3 is made against the clock on 2019...

i think J3 will be a summer 2020 or a counterprogram for Avatar 2 that Christmas 

14 minutes ago, meriodejaneiro said:

J3 has few chances of making it to dec 2019. Dwayne (actor and his studio) are working on that Jungle Cruise movie for Disney, probably a big budget one, so will take time to produce and post-produce. Unless J3 is made against the clock on 2019...

i think J3 will be a summer 2020 or a counterprogram for Avatar 2 that Christmas 

Summer 2020 is a better bet. Sing 2 is taking the Christmas 2020 slot, which means the family film demographic already has a big draw.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, meriodejaneiro said:

We'll know the release date when it's confirmed by Sony. It's gonna be fun.

1 minute ago, Mojoguy said:

To make the Dec 2020 release date, they have to like starting filming RIGHT NOW this month.

Nah, it isn't happening. They don't even have script for a sequel.

...no they don't?  If it takes 3 months to film or so, then they'll have the footage by April 2018, which is 20 months before release date.