kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

9 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

16 fresh, 1 rotten, 94% 

:popcorn:

17 fresh, 1 rotten :popcorn:

Also laughing at the people on Twitter who didn't like it and are mad that the critics aren't agreeing with them. Like its a freaking shark thriller movie. Simmer down. 

• Like 2

I don't see how this looks cheesy at all. This looks like a straight-up intense almost kind of horror film. This is definitely not going to be anything like deep blue sea or Sharknado or anything. This is about a woman in a fight for her life against a giant freaking shark. There's no cheese involved at all. I too think it will get excellent word of mouth and I really hope it has a good run this summer.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Holy shit these reviews! 

giphy.gif

Unfortunately THR is a pan and has not been added yet :(

THR is one of the minorities. It's RT score will go down however the fact that it's as high as it is right now, is very encouraging. 

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

I don't get why Sony put an embargo until Thursday morning if this was getting decent reviews. 

Because they didn't know if it was going to get good reviews and this is a film that might sink if it gets poor reviews.  So they probably wanted WOM to carry it through the summer, not be stunted by critics before it even opens.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I don't get why Sony put an embargo until Thursday morning if this was getting decent reviews. 

I don't understand why everyone seems to assume studios can know for sure the critical reception of their movies.

I mean sure they have some idea because they test their movies to death but still, you cannot know for sure, there s till a level of uncertainty.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Because they didn't know if it was going to get good reviews and this is a film that might sink if it gets poor reviews.  So they probably wanted WOM to carry it through the summer, not be stunted by critics before it even opens.

i guess but idk I feel like they should have a general idea of the reception. The good reviews will definitely help it I think if it stays above 75.