kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

6 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Holy shit!! He dI'd lol. How can he though? I mean he's not super human like Hulk and Thor.

yeah but Deadpool is pretty much immortal so he has advantages plus obviously this is just a one off series for some comedic horror  value.

spoiler for those that may be interested in reading the quick comic series

as for the hulk and Thor

Spoiler

he killed hulk when he was Bruce Banner.  He was asleep as Bruce and Deadpool cut off his head.  He killed Thor with his own hammer using Ant-Man technology to make it extremely oversized :P 

Edited by 75live
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 75live said:

yeah but Deadpool is pretty much immortal so he has advantages plus obviously this is just a one off series for some comedic horror  value.

spoiler for those that may be interested in reading the quick comic series

as for the hulk and Thor

Reveal hidden contents

*grumbles* refuse to start nerd rant, refuse to start nerd rant.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

*grumbles* refuse to start nerd rant, refuse to start nerd rant.

yeah don't go there.  I was just informing baumer since he knew nothing about it.  

so step away from the keyboard :P 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cochofles said:

I know many here are sick of superhero films, and I know that she tried her hand at superhero films already with not-so-great results, but I would certainly like her to get her blockbuster on with a substantial role in a superhero movie. I would say "Mockingbird in an Avengers film," but I don't care too much about how Marvel handles their female characters in Avengers-related properties, so I would love to see her as Black Canary (co-lead) in a Birds of Prey  film (Black Canary, Oracle, Vixen, and Katana).

I still say: what a tragedy that we never got to see her wear the Star Sapphire costume!!!! :)

I've seen her with red hair and I think she'd be fantastic as poison ivy. But I'm probably the only one who thinks that. 

But yea I wouldn't mind seeing her get another shot. Or at least get a shot in a major blockbuster like film. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, pretty reckless said:

sadly it wont make 55m

well, it got past the three multiplier and it looks like without a dollar theater expansion it will get to 54.  So 55 might be dead, but this did very well.  And it looks like it will make some good numbers internatiionally.  

8 minutes ago, Baumer said:

well, it got past the three multiplier and it looks like without a dollar theater expansion it will get to 54.  So 55 might be dead, but this did very well.  And it looks like it will make some good numbers internatiionally.  

I have been comparing it to Me before you since it came out and it was doing better than MBY (having a 2m less for OW) yet I dont know what happened these last days, i guess more competition oh well

2 minutes ago, pretty reckless said:

I have been comparing it to Me before you since it came out and it was doing better than MBY (having a 2m less for OW) yet I dont know what happened these last days, i guess more competition oh well

Well, it's kind of simple.  There were three really big films that came out this weekend and Shallows had the most screens to give up.  It's not an indictment of the film, just economics 101.

1 hour ago, pretty reckless said:

As @Baumer said, it lost a lot of theaters the last two weekends. I thought it could crawl past the $55M mark but after seeing it's theater count, I highly doubt that now. A lot of new films opened up so it was bound to lose theaters. It'll most likely end up in the $54-55M ballpark plus whatever it does overseas.