kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

2 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

This is finally being released here, can't wait to see this, I hope that Queen Blake won't disappoint me after so many compliments. B) 

See it on the 25th of August. I'm sure Mrs. Reynolds would appreciate the birthday present :ph34r:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Nova said:

Fingers crossed this passes $100M WW. It's currently at $84.5M with only Brazil, Italy, Germany and China left to open. So close yet so far.

I think it can manage at least $6m-$7m here in Brazil, on par with GB and AB, it had previews for two saturdays, it usually means good demand.

I'm curious about the potential in China, horror movies (when released) usually ends flopping there, The Boy made a pathetic $2.5m this year, I wonder if TS can get at least $10m.

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I think it can manage at least $6m-$7m here in Brazil, on par with GB and AB, it had previews for two saturdays, it usually means good demand.

I'm curious about the potential in China, horror movies (when released) usually ends flopping there, The Boy made a pathetic $2.5m this year, I wonder if TS can get at least $10m.

Hopefully it can do the numbers you're saying in Brazil. 

In regards to China, I do wonder how it will be received because while it's a horror film, it's not your typical horror movie, if that makes sense. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed it'll be better received but I'm not betting on it lol 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nova said:

Hopefully it can do the numbers you're saying in Brazil. 

In regards to China, I do wonder how it will be received because while it's a horror film, it's not your typical horror movie, if that makes sense. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed it'll be better received but I'm not betting on it lol 

They're releasing both CS and TS this weekend, it's a Blake weekend, haha.

I'm still sad that they're releasing this instead of GB in China, tbh, while I want the best for TS, it is already a success anyway, while GB needs every single possible money. :( 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

They're releasing both CS and TS this weekend, it's a Blake weekend, haha.

I'm still sad that they're releasing this instead of GB in China, tbh, while I want the best for TS, it is already a success anyway, while GB needs every single possible money. :( 

They decided they wanted to give the people of Brazil a double Blake feature lol Apparently Blake on a rock has generated more interest though lol 

And I think Sony wanted to release GB but it wouldn't pass the censors and when The Shallows ended up being a breakout hit for them, they decided why not release it in China instead of GB and see what happens. 

• Like 1

So when Blake finally 

Spoiler

killed the shark, I clapped loudly and instantly because it was so fucking dumb-awesome !

The Theater laughed , then I shouted " Bravo !", theater laughed again.

:lol::D

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

So when Blake finally 

Reveal hidden contents

Fun fact that I just found out. Blake Lively was supposed to be Enchantress in Suicide Squad. She turned down the role to do this film. 

Fighting sharks is way cooler anyways. 

12 hours ago, Nova said:

They decided they wanted to give the people of Brazil a double Blake feature lol Apparently Blake on a rock has generated more interest though lol 

And I think Sony wanted to release GB but it wouldn't pass the censors and when The Shallows ended up being a breakout hit for them, they decided why not release it in China instead of GB and see what happens. 

Woody Allen's movies usually has a good run here, I never will understand the reason, although, lol. 

12 hours ago, The Futurist said:

So when Blake finally 

Reveal hidden contents

I can't believe that I read that spoiler before watching the movie, shit. 

11 hours ago, Nova said:

Fun fact that I just found out. Blake Lively was supposed to be Enchantress in Suicide Squad. She turned down the role to do this film. 

Fighting sharks is way cooler anyways. 

LOL! When I watched SS for the first time, my first thought was: Blake would be a great Enchantress, too bad that she didn't get the role, she probably still traumatized by Green Lantern, haha. 

• Like 1

Wrong Enchantress.

Let Blake be Thor's Amora the Enchantress if they ever make a fourth Thor film.

Or...she could have a cameo in one of the Infinity Gauntlet films.

Aren't those films supposed to feature every realm of the MCU?

Amora could certainly be one of the Asgardians who try to fend off Thanos' onslaught.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I have seen The Shallows  three times now and joins Ghostbusters, Florence Foster Jenkins, and Suicide Squad as my favorite films of 2016 (so far).

Up next, Don't Breathe, which looks phenomenal.

I enjoyed all the films you listed minus SS. I watched Don't Breathe last night and it was amazing. Very very good. I hope you like it as much as I did. Definitely one of my favorite films of 2016. 

22 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Wrong Enchantress.

Let Blake be Thor's Amora the Enchantress if they ever make a fourth Thor film.

Or...she could have a cameo in one of the Infinity Gauntlet films.

Aren't those films supposed to feature every realm of the MCU?

Amora could certainly be one of the Asgardians who try to fend off Thanos' onslaught.

Yea I couldn't see her as Enchantress in SS, tbh. And I'm really glad she turned that down for The Shallows. But I def think there is a place for her in the MCU, if she wants. 

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

LOL! When I watched SS for the first time, my first thought was: Blake would be a great Enchantress, too bad that she didn't get the role, she probably still traumatized by Green Lantern, haha. 

The Green Lantern was her first and only big budget film and it sucks that it didn't workout because I feel like that's why she stays away from those types of films. Which is a shame because like I mentioned I definitely think she can be a part of a franchise. 

2 hours ago, Nova said:

I enjoyed all the films you listed minus SS. I watched Don't Breathe last night and it was amazing. Very very good. I hope you like it as much as I did. Definitely one of my favorite films of 2016. 

Yea I couldn't see her as Enchantress in SS, tbh. And I'm really glad she turned that down for The Shallows. But I def think there is a place for her in the MCU, if she wants. 

The Green Lantern was her first and only big budget film and it sucks that it didn't workout because I feel like that's why she stays away from those types of films. Which is a shame because like I mentioned I definitely think she can be a part of a franchise. 

Come on, she totally should have a cameo on a Deadpool movie just for the giggles.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Cochofles said:

I have seen The Shallows  three times now and joins Ghostbusters, Florence Foster Jenkins, and Suicide Squad as my favorite films of 2016 (so far).

Up next, Don't Breathe, which looks phenomenal.

GB and SS are also in my list of fave movies released this year, TS and DB are probably going to join it soon too, haha. 

21 hours ago, Nova said:

Well, at least she wasn't criticized, right? I remember reviews claiming that her relation with Reynolds was actually the only good thing in this mess, lol.  

3 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Well, at least she wasn't criticized, right? I remember reviews claiming that her relation with Reynolds was actually the only good thing in this mess, lol.  

I don't think either of them were criticized in the reviews. The movie was a mess but the cast did what they could with what they were given, was the consensus. I remember when they would do interviews their chemistry was off the charts but then in the movie it was just meh and it was all because of the script. However, looking back on it now people will tell you "the best thing to come from the Green Lantern was Blake and Ryan's relationship." 

22 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Come on, she totally should have a cameo on a Deadpool movie just for the giggles.

I think it would be funny. Like look Deadpool's wife.

• Like 1