kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

15 minutes ago, Nova said:

Like when he got her address from the library and waited for her because she wouldn't return his calls. He stalked her worse than the shark in this movie stalked her ass. :ph34r:

But it's such a lovely ass.  :ph34r:

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, pretty reckless said:

I absolutely LOOOOOOVE Blake tho, not only is she a gorgeous knockout, but she's a capable actress AND a very sweet down to earth lady.

Have you guys heard about her next movie All I see is you? I dont think it'll do that great tho, maybe 30m domestic or so

It's a low budget Indie film directed by Marc Forster. Unless that's changed, I don't see it getting a wide release but then again who knows.

Usually I wouldn't think this way but a part of me thinks that the reason why they haven't released it yet is because they're waiting for awards season. And I only say that because Forster is involved. 

Although to counter my previous statement, his films do well at the box office so maybe they're waiting for the correct season to release it. It's a psychological thriller so a fall type release makes more sense than a spring or summer release. 

Edited by Nova

53 minutes ago, pretty reckless said:

Ryan is still box office poison, but he was lucky he landed Deadpool and did a great job

I'd say Blake's future is brighter.

Luck? Luck has nothing to do with it. Unless you're saying that by him lobbying for and trying to get it made and pitching it to producers and doing a hundred million rewrites for the last 11 years is locked then I guess your definition of rock is different than mine.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Luck? Luck has nothing to do with it. Unless you're saying that by him lobbying for and trying to get it made and pitching it to producers and doing a hundred million rewrites for the last 11 years is locked then I guess your definition of rock is different than mine.

Yea I don't think Deadpool is "luck." Ryan Reynolds deserves every bit of praise and success for that film. There was no luck about it. He begged and begged for the movie to be made. He made sure he was a producer on the film so that they'd get it right and spent money out of his own pocket to protect it. No luck was involved with Deadpool. 

1 hour ago, Nova said:

It's a low budget Indie film directed by Marc Forster. Unless that's changed, I don't see it getting a wide release but then again who knows.

Usually I wouldn't think this way but a part of me thinks that the reason why they haven't released it yet is because they're waiting for awards season. And I only say that because Forster is involved. 

Although to counter my previous statement, his films do well at the box office so maybe they're waiting for the correct season to release it. It's a psychological thriller so a fall type release makes more sense than a spring or summer release. 

They should release it in Spring. Maybe April, since Adeline did well there. Fall makes sense too but there will be a lot of competition in October.

Edited by babz06

1 minute ago, babz06 said:

They should release it in Spring. Maybe April, since Adeline did well there. 

They may very well do that. I think Adaline did well in that time because of it being a romantic type film. From what I gather about All I See Is You, its a darker more psychological thriller. Again I don't know. Im a huge fan of Marc Forster though so Im looking forward it. I also think because Blake is like 6-7 months pregnant that they're waiting till after she gives birth to release it/give it a release date.  

Lively will definitely be in more demand after 2016.  With Shallows being a nice ROI for Sony and Woody's movie hopefully being a showcase for her as well, she has nowhere to go but up.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Lively will definitely be in more demand after 2016.  With Shallows being a nice ROI for Sony and Woody's movie hopefully being a showcase for her as well, she has nowhere to go but up.

From my understanding she's very good in Allen's film. She has about 15-20 minutes of screen time but she's good with what she's got. Let's see if she can keep her streak going with another film due out later this year but yes after this year she should be more in demand. But with Hollywood you just never know haha 

• Like 2

I know many here are sick of superhero films, and I know that she tried her hand at superhero films already with not-so-great results, but I would certainly like her to get her blockbuster on with a substantial role in a superhero movie. I would say "Mockingbird in an Avengers film," but I don't care too much about how Marvel handles their female characters in Avengers-related properties, so I would love to see her as Black Canary (co-lead) in a Birds of Prey  film (Black Canary, Oracle, Vixen, and Katana).

I still say: what a tragedy that we never got to see her wear the Star Sapphire costume!!!! :)

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Nova said:

Really? I assume it goes out on theatres wide (maybe 1600) and they're waiting because Blake has TS and CS so they dont wanna over expose her?

It gives me Gone girl teas, obviously not the story but maybe it can surprise and be a hit, but then again the rest of the cast is weak

Edited by pretty reckless

3 hours ago, Cochofles said:

I know many here are sick of superhero films, and I know that she tried her hand at superhero films already with not-so-great results, but I would certainly like her to get her blockbuster on with a substantial role in a superhero movie. I would say "Mockingbird in an Avengers film," but I don't care too much about how Marvel handles their female characters in Avengers-related properties, so I would love to see her as Black Canary (co-lead) in a Birds of Prey  film (Black Canary, Oracle, Vixen, and Katana).

I still say: what a tragedy that we never got to see her wear the Star Sapphire costume!!!! :)

Scarlett will NEVER allow Blake to be in The avengers, lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baumer said:

I wonder about that dynamic. I wonder if Deadpool could ever be in the Avengers. :)

well last time that happened the Avengers didn't end up well :P 

2517094-prv12953_cov.jpg

yes Deadpool killed all the Avengers in this issue :P 

• Like 1