kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

36 minutes ago, Nova said:

Yea but Ryan Reynolds was in it that movie so it was destined to fail. :ph34r: Sad! 

I wonder if Lively will ever do a superhero film after her GL experience.

I'd love to know what she thinks about the total CBM box office domination that we are seeing nowadays, and which her hubby is a part of. I could totally see her as Black Canary.

ETA...Actually, I'd LOVE to see her in a solo Black Canary film. 

Dinah is such an underrated character...so badass.

Anyway, wasn't she going to do some Paul Feig film with Anna Kendrick?? 

Edited by Cochofles

2 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

I wonder if Lively will ever do a superhero film after her GL experience.

I'd love to know what she thinks about the total CBM box office domination that we are seeing nowadays, and which her hubby is a part of. I could totally see her as Black Canary.

ETA...Actually, I'd LOVE to see her in a solo Black Canary film. 

Dinah is such an underrated character...so badass.

Anyway, wasn't she going to do some Paul Feig film with Anna Kendrick?? 

She was asked if she'd do another one and she said only if the script was right/good. She wouldn't just do it because it was a CBM. I think she's been scarred by GL lol But I do agree in that she's one of my top picks for Black Canary. I know she was the first choice to be Enchantress in Suicide Squad but she chose to do this film instead. So it seems she is getting the offers....they just have to be the right one :) 

But I suppose her money is on the potential of the Bond franchise being more than one film. 

And yea thats actually shooting right now :) 

• Like 2

she turned down suicide squad? really? how long is cara's screen time?

anyway about the "female bond" movie, i doubt it'll be a franchise unless the budget is relatively small like atomic blonde

Edited by Kingp0va

16 minutes ago, Kingp0va said:

anyway about the "female bond" movie, i doubt it'll be a franchise unless the budget is relatively small like atomic blonde

Yup. She turned it down for The Shallows and in the end that worked in her favor big time. Cara was the main villain so she had decent screen time but her character was a mess (imo) and I think Blake could see it. 

And Paramount bought the rights for it in the USA/OS and is hoping to make it a global franchise in regards to the Bond film. It is a book series so the material is all there. I'm sure they'll keep the first movie low budget ($30M) and work from there. Don't underestimate Blake's ability to put butts in the theater. It may not be on Leo's level but she's been good given the amount of marketing/promo her films receive ;) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kingp0va said:

Not sure how "fair" it would be too look at the final product, Ayer seem to have rewrote a lot of the movie if the rumors are to be true and lively signed on The Shallows before Ayer was official announced of Squad.

The 2011 version of the movie:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7KOogudEi7ubVJmUGpWVXNZeTA/view

No Quinn, no Joker, no Enchantress either I think at the time. When that decision was made maybe it was really unclear what her character would be and not much on an script.

And I imagine generally lead role on your own movie would be really attractive vs a small assemble part (outside a great director movie opportunity).

44 minutes ago, Nova said:

She was asked if she'd do another one and she said only if the script was right/good. She wouldn't just do it because it was a CBM. I think she's been scarred by GL lol But I do agree in that she's one of my top picks for Black Canary. I know she was the first choice to be Enchantress in Suicide Squad but she chose to do this film instead. So it seems she is getting the offers....they just have to be the right one :) 

But I suppose her money is on the potential of the Bond franchise being more than one film. 

And yea thats actually shooting right now :) 

Wow.

I had no idea of the Enchantress thing. She was the studio's first choice?

Interesting. 

I just hope that TRS is a huge hit that truly catapults her career to the stratosphere.

Even if she never plays Black Canary, I would love if she had her own action franchise.

And thanks for the answer about the Paul Feig film.

Is it a comedy? Last time I heard of it was so long ago that I completely forgot...

2 hours ago, Kingp0va said:

Thanks

And imdb says the anna kendrick movie is crime thriller

And smart of her to reject the SS role since all attention would have been on harley quinn anyway

Which is funny (to me), because I think Lively playing HQ would have been much more interesting.

10 hours ago, Kingp0va said:

she was too skinny in the movie, made her ass look flat

she looks better with a little more weight

Blake+Lively+Bikini+7.jpg

She had an athlete's body in the movie.  She worked on it so that it would look like she was an athlete.  I disagree she was too skinny.  When you are a surfer, I don;t think it leaves much room for flab and that is the look she was going for.

• Like 3