kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

22 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

How long was the shark? Did anyone mention a length?

It's mentioned in the script. It's supposed to be like 28 feet long or something but I think in the actual movie they made it a tad bit smaller so I would guess somewhere along those lines though 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nova said:

It's mentioned in the script. It's supposed to be like 28 feet long or something but I think in the actual movie they made it a tad bit smaller so I would guess somewhere along those lines though 

No way it's that big, I was thinking 18' max...there's never been a bigger white shark captured than a 21' one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

No way it's that big, I was thinking 18' max...there's never been a bigger white shark captured than a 21' one.

I think that's why in the actual movie they scaled it down quite a bit but I'm pretty sure the script had it as this ginormous great white that was 28 feet I length. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

I think that's why in the actual movie they scaled it down quite a bit but I'm pretty sure the script had it as this ginormous great white that was 28 feet I length. 

That's like Jaws size. I'm glad they scaled it down by a large margin, it helped make it seem like a more realistic situation.

17 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

That's like Jaws size. I'm glad they scaled it down by a large margin, it helped make it seem like a more realistic situation.

Yea it was originally that size in the script...I just saw an interview with Blake Lively because I remember her mentioning it in one and she says it was originally a little bit bigger than Jaws but that to make it a bit more realistic they made the shark smaller. I think if it was the size of Jaws I wouldn't have enjoyed it because one of the reasons why I liked this film is because it felt realistic to me. I'm scared shitless of these types of scenarios hahaha 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kingp0va said:

why did u bump thid to post a freaking pic??

anyway i hate blake's long breaks, her next movie will come out 2 years after this

All i See is you is coming out in less than a month. and its opening Wide.