Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

I love Iron Man 2. I think it is absolutely great.

But, even if you don't love it, there is no way you can call it more boring than Fant4stic. Iron Man 2 is all comedy and action. Even if you don't like the jokes, they do exist. Even if you don't like the action, it does exist. And it has a villain whose motivations you can easily understand. Fant4stic has no comedy, almost no action, and the villain makes no sense. Fant4stic is the very definition of boring.

How about don't make a movie just to keep the rights. If F4 does end up back in Marvel's hands soon, it'll just be a repeat of what happened to Spiderman, which at least got one sequel out of its reboot before it crashed and burned. Ironic. 

I imagine Marvel would not even be thrilled the rights back at this point after how devalued and damaged the property has become. It's gonna be another decade at the earliest until someone will attempt to take a stab at it again.

Rockwell and Garry Shandling made IM2 at least entertaining. Also RDJ and Gwyneth still have great chemistry, which is way more than can be said for a lot of CBMs. Thor 2 was more boring to me honestly, mostly cause NPortman is so useless and shoved into the plot. 

Plot?

• Like 1

I imagine Marvel would not even be thrilled the rights back at this point after how devalued and damaged the property has become. It's gonna be another decade at the earliest until someone will attempt to take a stab at it again.

No but they like to see their competitors fail. Better this to them than Fox making successful F4 movies and keeping the rights for years to come. 

Nah, the 4 have some other really good characters that Marvel could put to good use, even if the quartet themselves are damaged goods.

Right now Marvel could only use the ancillary characters.  They'd have to shelve the rest for years to get the stink off of them and then would do best introducing them as supporting characters in other movies.  They might be able to use Dr Doom (Marvel's best villain) if only because none of the Fox movies have actually used him as his actual character yet.

You have no soul!

:lol: I don't hate it. I actually really like the Toby Jones reveal. But I don't think it's directed that well and overall it's over-rated. Most scenes don't have much snap or energy, they just kinda sit there.

Edited by Telemachos