Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

I already worked (then part-time) as Star Wars IV got released... ;). As my younger brother (not a twin to me) got born JFK was still alive....

:)

How long have you waited for a good F4 film? :lol:;)

• Like 1

Not quite. $80/$190m would break even. Budget wise.

Not including marketing. This is a turkey.

If you want to include marketing you have to include DVD, Bluray, TV rights and VOD. So it will turn a profit anyway. 

If you want to include marketing you have to include DVD, Bluray, TV rights and VOD. So it will turn a profit anyway.

Then include the cost for marketing those.

The marketing budget would be ~$100m worldwide.

I don't see this film making a profit. DVD sales are in the shitter.

I said it had more than Ant-Man... Not necessarily a lot

FF Twitter

Date # Tweets Pos:Neg Ratio

Aug 07, 2015 45588 0:1

Aug 06, 2015 81899 0:1

Aug 05, 2015 46347 2:1

Yep, has some tweets.

Never before saw such bad positive to negative ratio with so many tweets... for a movie :o

:)

How long have you waited for a good F4 film? :lol:;)

Hmm, before X-Men 1 I didn't even think about a Marvel based movie, so I guess since then. But I do not think that part 1 is really bad, but it's no 10/10 movie neither

We were 2005 during a real bad heat wave in Andalucia (earnestly dying people hot), the only 'room' with an air condition was in a small cinema nearby. Not even the mall there had one

Only 2 movies to chose, we saw FF 1 rather oft during the worst time of the day - in Spanish, not understang more than a very few words. Might have grown on me bcs of that, as I was really grateful to not to have to torture myself with the only other movie they offered (romatic comedy, for me the worst genre ever)

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

I do not think so based on your ww guess, but I think it's way too early to predict especially OS details, as e.g. translation can strongly influence the movies BOs. Maybe in one major country the translation will help? Or the humor... of a country sees it in a better / another way?

Sometimes a movie badly doing in the cinemas makes way over average money via HV... as people that didn't find friends to accompany them to a cinema will buy a DVD / VOD /... instead.

• Like 1

Like I said earlier Straight Outta Compton will make some $$$$ next weekend hopefully that and U.N.C.L.E have good starts next weekend because we need it bad. By the way I want Straight Outta Compton to do well and get 100 domestic.

FF isn't even getting released in China, right?

Up in the air.

China has a strict quota of foreign made films that are allowed in each year,and American Studios have a "Gentlemen's Agreement" dividing up the available slots among the studios. Fox can only release so many films in China. Boils down to which it thinks has the best chance in China. IF FF bombs,it chances of getting a slot are low.

Hmm, before X-Men 1 I didn't even think about a Marvel based movie, so I guess since then. But I do not think that part 1 is really bad, but it's no 10/10 movie neither

We were 2005 during a real bad heat wave in Andalucia (earnestly dying people hot), the only 'room' with an air condition was in a small cinema nearby. Not even the mall there had one

Only 2 movies to chose, we saw FF 1 rather oft during the worst time of the day - in Spanish, not understang more than a very few words. Might have grown on me bcs of that, as I was really grateful to not to have to torture myself with the only other movie they offered (romatic comedy, for me the worst genre ever)

Yeah, I thought both the Fantastic Fours were watchable. (Didn't read the comics so anyway didn't know what the potential was.)

• Like 1

FF Twitter

Date # Tweets Pos:Neg Ratio

Aug 07, 2015 45588 0:1

Aug 06, 2015 81899 0:1

Aug 05, 2015 46347 2:1

Yep, has some tweets.

Never before saw such bad positive to negative ratio with so many tweets... for a movie :o

My goodness. When was the last time a really major comic book/event movie like this drew such a ghastly level of buzz? Never?

• Like 2

To give a comparison for the FF Twitter post above:

out of my Ant-Man Twitter list

July 19, 2015      56932    22:1 (estm $57.5m)

July 18, 2015      65816    22:1 (Sa)

July 17, 2015      78157    6:1 (official US release date)

July 16, 2015      63975    21:1 ($6.4m pre's)