Mattrek

Empire Magazine's top 500 films of all time

Not sure if this would be the right forum or where exactly it should go, but mods can move it if need be.

http://www.listchallenges.com/empire-magazines-500-greatest-films-of-all-time

I got 135/500, most of these are way older then I, but overall its a pretty comprehensive list of all decades with a few "WTF's" thrown in there. What'd you guys get?

• Like 1

250/500, and it reminded me of a bunch of movies I'd forgotten I'd meant to see but hadn't gotten around to it.  Also, it reminded me of a bunch of movies I'd seen and liked but had totally forgotten about (Blow Out is hugely overrated on this list, but it really was a good movie that's pretty much disappeared). On the one hand, any list that includes Big Trouble in Little China is a list worthy of my respect.  On the other hand, a list of the top 500 movies really should have found room for Igby Goes Down and The Matador.

Edit - Heh.  Like Downfall.  I've seen so many of those "Hitler" videos I feel like I've seen it, but I haven't. Or Mulholland Drive?  How have I managed to not watch that?

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 1

Only 119 but what kind of shitty list has the Star Wars prequels in the top 500.

I get they are going for a mix of blockbuster and classic but there are much better choices.

Fuck, I don't know how anyone would defend it in the write up.

• Like 3

Only 119 but what kind of shitty list has the Star Wars prequels in the top 500.

I get they are going for a mix of blockbuster and classic but there are much better choices.

The Prequels have their merits all 3 prequels would probably make my top 500. >_>

It's Empire, what do you expect?

The Prequels have their merits all 3 prequels would probably make my top 500. >_>

I don't think I've seen too many more than 500 movies...

Probably less than 200 from before 2005 which was when I got into both BO and movies.

But even then none would make my top 500 if I ever made a list. 

Don't mind it since ROTS is in the list. I prefer that over ROTJ.

• Like 1