CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

Dr. Dre is awesome at beats and at producing music. He doesn't write his raps, usually whoever he collaborates with does. He may have written back with N.W.A. But most pop stars don't write their own music either.

He's not lazy though.

I don't know how anyone could call one of the best producers in the rap industry 'lazy'?

• Like 1

Iron Man opened before TIH. Anyway, the only thing I want is for them to bring back Luke Evans as Dracula and not recast him.

The plan to do the movies,... infights at Marvel, a Marvel boss who was against the MCU idea and also didn't respect openly fans, ...all a long time (years) before they even set release dates.

IHulk is the last movie Marvel Studio did (had to do?) together with another studio (Valhalla, the company also involved with the Punisher movies).

Then mid of June was a release date for the expected big(ger)-hitter, Iron Man's early May was then not considered the best starting date for a big-hitter

= I think they thought Hulk had better chances as more well known / established character.

The release date might also be a decision where the distributer had a say into it

Haha.  Yes.  I got the point.  Whoopsy.  The idea that it was the step-child of the MCU, failed to perform well at the box office, has since been largely ignored by the rest of the films in the series, and contained a pivotal character that was recast for Avengers still shares some similarities with what I believe Dracula Untold will be to Universal's shared universe.  

IHulk was IMHO too early to be a successful re-boot, especially as the 2003 wasn't generally loved also plus some other reasons

• Like 1

*sees conversation about musical biopics*

Guys not everything is gonna be this big. Look at Get on Up last year. NWA is bigger than most music groups simply because it pretty much popularized rap. Also with all the awful shit going down in America, it's timely too. The timing probably has A LOT to do with the success tbh,

The only music biopic that hasn't been done that I could see being big is The Beatles. 

I do not think that The Beatles will be able to attract a ton of people. I think that an attempt at a theatrical Michael Jackson film might be rewarding though. 

• Like 1

I don't know how anyone could call one of the best producers in the rap industry 'lazy'?

I didn't or wouldn't. He's probably the best beat maker of all time and I would imagine its a ton of work to produce music and run Aftermath records. Eminem has said in interviews that he is a perfectionist as well ( which is why Detox hasn't been released yet but has been worked on for over a decade).

good for Compton, could be front-loaded? either way it is over performing

also UNCLE beat by MI5 on 3rd weekend is not good....funny that Cruise was attached to the project briefly

Cruise Control dodged a bullet! Superman couldn't get it done with UNCLE.