WrathOfHan

Weekend Ests. (p19): SOC 13.2M|War Room 11|MI 8.3|No Escape 8.29|Sinister 4.65 |UNCLE 4.41|JW 3.12|AM 3.03|Minions 2.9|WAYF 1.8

Oh it's happening.

Civil War will perform like an Avengers movie.

BvS? Is basically a MOS sequel with a reboot Batman thrown in.

and it's directed by Zack Snyder.

will it decrease about 200m from its predecessor like this years Avengers movie? 

Edited by John Marston

We had an Avengers movie this year, and then again three years ago.

This is the first time we see Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman together.

I couldn't care less about BvS but it's gonna be in a league of its own next year.

MAYBE for OW, but still a big maybe given there was zero world building like what we got for the first Avengers. People are forgetting the process of building and hyping that up for the 3 or 4 years prior that took place. That should never be underestimated in its massive success. I'm not going to say a 200m OW is impossible, but it's far more likely to perform like its fellow March OW record holder THG than it is TA/JW. After OW though it absolutely will not be in a league of its own. It will pull a 2-2.3x multi just like Snyder's other CBM's have. We know what we're getting with him. Style over substance, nothing that sticks longer than a flashy OW to match the flashy visuals in his movies. Just watch, BvS finishes sub 400 even if it opens to 200.

Edited by MovieMan89

The difference is that Marvel needed those movies to make people care about Iron Man, Cap and Thor in the first place. 

That's really not the case when we're talking about Batman and Superman.

Oh it absolutely is when we're talking about Superman. His movies in the 21st century have been massacred in admissions by a plethora of other CBM's, many of which were lesser known properties. He doesn't appeal to a modern audience, and MoS certainly didn't help judging by the amputee legs. As far as Batman, he already seems like such an after thought in a MoS 2 film. There was no build up to him and the little we've seen of Affleck looks about as exciting as his Daredevil performance. He's made zero impression as the character so far, and this reboot of him is following such a beloved trilogy with high expectations. I don't know, maybe Nolan's trilogy will cause a big draw still for a movie with Batman  in it, but I could see the ensuing WOM being even harsher as a result. If people go in excited over Batman and with lingering memories of the TDK movies and then what they get is MoS 2, well...2x may be an optimistic dream.

• Like 1

I think Man of Steel is complete ass but if you can look at its opening and still think he doesn't appeal to a modern audience then I don't really know what to say.

I hated MoS, I don't like Snyder at all and I think it's way too soon for another Batman. Yet I'll see it opening day, I mean it's Batman and Superman. It's an obligatory watch.

Edited by ddddeeee
  • Like 4

I think Man of Steel is complete ass but if you can look at its opening and still think he doesn't appeal to a modern audience then I don't really know what to say.

I hated MoS, I don't like Snyder at all and I think it's way too soon for another Batman. Yet I'll see it opening day, I mean it's Batman and Superman. 

I mean obviously yes there is still appeal there for Superman. I meant it more in comparison to other CBM's, he has been a weak draw for a character that is universally known. Many CBM's don't have that going for them, and yet still outperform the likes of SR and MoS. I just don't understand this mentality of MoS made 116m OW and TDKR made $160m OW (if that's even relevant), so therefore BvS will break the OW record. :wacko: Surely the movie is not as hyped as TDKR. So what's nabbing it the extra 50m+ then? 

• Like 1

I mean obviously yes there is still appeal there for Superman. I meant it more in comparison to other CBM's, he has been a weak draw for a character that is universally known. Many CBM's don't have that going for them, and yet still outperform the likes of SR and MoS. I just don't understand this mentality of MoS made 116m OW and TDKR made $160m OW (if that's even relevant), so therefore BvS will break the OW record. :wacko: Surely the movie is not as hyped as TDKR. So what's nabbing it the extra 50m+ then? 

50% less civilian casualties in the film!

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

They did a smart thing with Bats vs. Supes. MOS was terrible and had terrible word of mouth. A sequel would've decreased for sure.

SOC 5.8

War Room 3.9

MI5 3.7

No Escape 3.4

#WAYF #18

Dammit Gopher you were the chosen one. You went to that preview screening and gave it a B and we all got our hopes up

I'd say it's more impressive that Ant-Man made as much as it did with such bad advertising going for it. Kind of hope the person responsible for that terrible teaser trailer got canned or demoted.

Certainly, it's more impressive than the c list status or director shenanigans.

Ant-Man didn't have bad advertising. The trailers were faithful to what the film was. A lighthearted action comedy. They couldn't have been any different

I feel like the Labor Day weekend is just waiting for that game changing release which will cause bigger movies to be slotted there similar to what Lone Survivor and American Sniper in back to back years did for MLK day weekend.

I'd say it's more impressive that Ant-Man made as much as it did with such bad advertising going for it. Kind of hope the person responsible for that terrible teaser trailer got canned or demoted.

Certainly, it's more impressive than the c list status or director shenanigans.

disagree. This is when people are coming back from vacation and kids are getting ready for school. This will never be a big weekend no matter what

They did a smart thing with Bats vs. Supes. MOS was terrible and had terrible word of mouth. A sequel would've decreased for sure.

SOC 5.8

War Room 3.9

MI5 3.7

No Escape 3.4

#WAYF #18

Woah, huge 70% Sat bump for MI5!  :D Maybe 8.5m -25% for the weekend if that number sticks. 

• Like 3