WrathOfHan

Weekend Ests. (p19): SOC 13.2M|War Room 11|MI 8.3|No Escape 8.29|Sinister 4.65 |UNCLE 4.41|JW 3.12|AM 3.03|Minions 2.9|WAYF 1.8

Olive's predict for Genisys's remaining run in China

Another 50M from China can be expected.

It really got the best possible release date. Still no Hollywood competition for another 9 days, and a 4 day weekend this week. 450M+ finish after it looked like it would end up being a bomb, then an underperformer and now probably profitable in the end. A huge turnaround in both the box office performance, and how it is being written about in the press.

Here is what Deadline had written about Genisys 2 weeks before the China opening

So even though its backer Skydance and studio Paramount are waiting for the China opening before deciding if there’s another movie worth making, remember you only keep 25% of the China receipts and this movie will have to gross $150 million in that region for anybody to even think about committing to more.

Looks like a 135M+ finish for it in China now which not many predicted. We will probably hear more about the franchise in the future by the looks of it (and everyone will blame China while cheering the fact that Pacific Rim got a sequel for the same reason)

Apparently Efron was courted by Marvel at one point so I don't think Hollywood won't cast him in a superhero role sooner or later.

Wasn't it also reported that he was approached for Star Wars as well but passed on it? Or something like that.

Olive's predict for Genisys's remaining run in China

It really got the best possible release date. Still no Hollywood competition for another 9 days, and a 4 day weekend this week. 450M+ finish after it looked like it would end up being a bomb, then an underperformer and now probably profitable in the end. A huge turnaround in both the box office performance, and how it is being written about in the press.

Here is what Deadline had written about Genisys 2 weeks before the China opening

Looks like a 135M+ finish for it in China now which not many predicted. We will probably hear more about the franchise in the future by the looks of it (and everyone will blame China while cheering the fact that Pacific Rim got a sequel for the same reason)

I doubt a sequel will move forward without it reaching 500M WW.

Tatum is attractive but Hemsworth is ass

Chris is confused by this

tumblr_mpblc5XTxp1sqwmuzo6_250.gif

He thinks its funny anyone could find Tatum more attractive than him

tumblr_m729l7sdTb1rsy50k.gif

Oh well he'll have to move on to his millions of dollars and amazing body

anigif_enhanced-31060-1426123763-7.gif

• Like 1

Hemsworth is just too.muscular, muscular guys are gross

I don't see that at all - it's not like he's built like Arnold in Pumping Iron - I considered that too muscular.  Sorry but none of those guys you posted do anything for me!!

• Like 1