baumer

Slumdog Millionaire

24 members have voted

1. 1. Rate Slumdog Millionaire

have not watched this since the one and only time i watched it pre-oscar that year! can't believe to this day it beat benjamin button.I gave it a C because of that slight but mostly because as a fan of bollywood films i've seen many that had me in tears and where dance sequences&songs were wayyyyy better than in slumdog!yes i know slumdog is not a bollywood film but for something that had an all indian cast and setting , this is what got an oscar pfffffff

I also saw "Slumdog Millionaire" only once, on DVD. I'm not much into Bollywood but I liked this. It's a bit like a fairytale or fable, lighthearted in many scenes even if the background is drab. As to the question why this did so well at the Academy awards: I suppose just being different from most Hollywood fare did play an important part. (Benjamin Button would not have been my choice either ... I don't want to go through the complete list but my favourite 2009 film is probably "The Wrestler")

I really enjoy this movie, it gets a bit over the top at times, but it does portray glimpses of the corruption and bad state of living within the Indian slums.

Not the greatest movie, but better than all of the others the Oscars nominated for BP that year.

B+