kayumanggi

RED SPARROW | 03.02.18 | Fox | Jennifer Lawrence

3 hours ago, ChrisTelclear said:

It doesn't make any sense to me, his name is Nate Nash in the movie.

Ah, Russian word for Sweetheart.

according to IMDb there is an actor named Nate Dushka, but the aka does make it sound like they are referring to Edgerton.

Edited by trifle

6 hours ago, ChrisTelclear said:

Ah, Russian word for Sweetheart.

This?

Haven't read the book yet.

2 hours ago, trifle said:

according to IMDb there is an actor named Nate Dushka, but the aka does make it sound like they are referring to Edgerton.

Nate Dushku is the actor.

Edited by A District 3 Engineer
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, ChrisTelclear said:

They got them confused?  I guess that tells us that Edgerton isn't an international star!

I don't think so, I just meant I didn't know what it was either, but when I googled it, I got the actor.  They probably meant the 'Sweetie' version.

• Like 1

They are going to be casting in Texas, according to this casting call:

http://casting.flashmode.tn/red-sparrow-starring-jennifer-lawrence-casting-in-texas/

The casting team for an upcoming feature film need extras for several scenes set to film in Austin, Houston, and Dallas, Texas.  The movie is directed by Francis Lawrence, known mostly for directing three of the four Hunger Games.  He worked plenty with Jennifer Lawrence over the years because she played the main character Katniss in the Hunger Games.  Naturally, he took a liking to her acting ability, and cast her as soon as he announced he would film a new original movie.

About

Red Sparrow is an upcoming spy thriller movie based on the book with the same name written by Jason Matthews.  It stars Jennifer Lawrence, Joel Edgerton, and Jeremy Irons.  It is scheduled to be released on November 10th, 2017.  It is a love story about a Russian spy falling for a CIA officer during the Cold War.  The film originally started its production in Budapest last month, but has shifted to the United States to film the majority of the movie.  The director is excited to use Texas as one of the main locations for desert scenes and various character-building scenes

Spoiler

using Austin as the hometown of one of the main characters.

More at link

I'm not sure I remember that spoiler part from the book. The US scenes I remember were at

Spoiler

Langley.

Also:

What makes the casting call a bit suspect is this: The film originally started its production in Budapest last month, but has shifted to the United States to film the majority of the movie. 

They 1. Make it seem like they're already filming the US, which obviously isn't true. And 2. They're not gonna film the majority of Red Sparrow in the US. It's just not possible. A few scenes perhaps, but not more than that. Especially not in Texas. We know they're wrapping up in London according to Jennifer's makeup artist. And it's also been mentioned that they're gonna be in Budapest until April. And I don't see that having changed all of a sudden. 

So I'm not totally sure I buy that the casting call is all that reliable. Not the full content of it at least, because there is no way that they're gonna switch over to film the rest in Texas and the US in general. In the book, there are US scenes set in Washington, New York, Los Angeles and New London, Connecticut. And perhaps some other location that I've forgotten. They might have added some scenes and changed it up a bit and will show Nate's background a bit, but filming the majority of the movie in the US? I just don't see it. 

Edited by Peanut
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Peanut said:

What makes the casting call a bit suspect is this: The film originally started its production in Budapest last month, but has shifted to the United States to film the majority of the movie. 

They 1. Make it seem like they're already filming the US, which obviously isn't true. And 2. They're not gonna film the majority of Red Sparrow in the US. It's just not possible. A few scenes perhaps, but not more than that. Especially not in Texas. We know they're wrapping up in London according to Jennifer's makeup artist. And it's also been mentioned that they're gonna be in Budapest until April. And I don't see that having changed all of a sudden. 

So I'm not totally sure I buy that the casting call is all that reliable. Not the full content of it at least, because there is no way that they're gonna switch over to film the rest in Texas and the US in general. In the book, there are US scenes set in Washington, New York, Los Angeles and New London, Connecticut. And perhaps some other location that I've forgotten. They might have added some scenes and changed it up a bit and will show Nate's background a bit, but filming the majority of the movie in the US? I just don't see it. 

"They are moving filming here for ten minutes to get a couple of scenes they need" might be more accurate, but the casting call paper only cares that they will be here filming scenes, they aren't Variety or TMZ, following the production.  It could be false, but that statement doesn't particularly raise a red flag with me. I agree that 'the majority of the movie' is almost certainly false.

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

They could have just mentioned that they're gonna be filming there. They didn't have to add the part about how production has moved and how majority of the movie will be filmed in the US. If they didn't have that information, there is no reason to add it. Especially since it's not information needed regarding the actual casting call. And that's really the only part that raises some sort of flag for me. We will see soon enough though if they're going to film in Texas. Finding out when and where they're filming in Budapest isn't all that hard, so if filming news suddenly stops there around the 20th, well then we'll know why. And if they're filming there, IMDB will probably add another location scout. Right now it's just got the guy responsible for Budapest and the one for the UK. 

Edited by Peanut
  • Like 1

Just now, Peanut said:

They could have just mentioned that they're gonna be filming there. They didn't have to add the part about how production has moved and how majority of the movie will be filmed in the US. If they didn't have that information, there is no reason to add it. Especially since it's not information needed regarding the actual casting call. And that's really the only part that raises some sort of flag for me. We will see soon enough though if they're going to film in Texas. Finding out when and where they're filming in Budapest isn't all that hard, so if filming news suddenly stops there around the 20th, well then we'll know why. 

They are going to the UK at some point.  It looks like only Nate of the main cast would need to be in Texas, if this casting call is true.

This is the original link for that casting call

https://www.2017auditions.com/jennifer-lawrence-casting/

Just whoever wrote the post about the casting got it wrong/bad info. I don't doubt they'll go to Texas for some stuff but not for the majority of the film. I'm sure the Langley and DC scenes will be filmed at the studios in Budapest too.

Edited by antovolk
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, antovolk said:

This is the original link for that casting call

https://www.2017auditions.com/jennifer-lawrence-casting/

Just whoever wrote the post about the casting got it wrong/bad info. I don't doubt they'll go to Texas for some stuff but not for the majority of the film. I'm sure the Langley and DC scenes will be filmed at the studios in Budapest too.

That's more than likely. I laughed when I saw the NASA / Chinese space agency buildings in Budapest (The Martian) but these things can cut the budget down. The inside scenes will be filmed in studios.

• Like 1