kayumanggi

mother! | 09.15.17 | Paramount | Darren Aronofsky, Jennifer Lawrence | Razzie Awards frontrunner

18 minutes ago, Durden said:

sounds right with this being the first range.  I'm sure the forecast will go higher as the release date goes closer though

Edited by 75livesinDerry
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Durden said:

Look like they made some type on Blade runner or I don't read correctly ?

Blade Runner 2049

Warner Bros.

CONS:

• Facebook growth has been stagnant recently, making it something to keep an eye on in the weeks ahead. Still, with nearly 1.4 million total fans so far, it has tripled the number of ‘likes’ Mad Max: Fury Road generated by the same two-month pre-release window.

How is this not a Pro ?

31 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

There is 0 chance it does that low. The trailer exploded online, and just because Aronofsky films can be a little out there does not mean the GA won't go for it.

There is a chance, 100% original movie without a proven selling high concept or a clear proven genre to attach it too with low marketing does not have really a "low" nowaday, the movie need to deliver (or a new trailer/marketing spending change) to up that low bar.

5.5m (6.6/6.7 with the teaser) youtube views is not bad at all for a 13m movie (without much exterior help like reviews or other promo push) in 3/4 days, but not something that special either:

http://www.boxofficereport.com/trailerviews/owyoutuberatios.html

Big Sick had 5.32 million the Saturday before it's release, Detroit 6.726m, Dark Towers 17.5 m, Atomic Blonde 7.52m. And some of those probably didn't get outside domestic market views that much vs an Aronofsky movie.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

There is a chance, 100% original movie without a proven selling high concept or a clear proven genre to attach it too with low marketing does not have really a "low" nowaday, the movie need to deliver (or a new trailer/marketing spending change) to up that low bar.

5.5m (6.6/6.7 with the teaser) youtube views is not bad at all for a 13m movie (without much exterior help like reviews or other promo push) in 3/4 days, but not something that special either:

http://www.boxofficereport.com/trailerviews/owyoutuberatios.html

Big Sick had 5.32 million the Saturday before it's release, Detroit 6.726m, Dark Towers 17.5 m, Atomic Blonde 7.52m. And some of those probably didn't get outside domestic market views that much vs an Aronofsky movie.

Views increase closer to release when people buy tickets. For mother! to be this high already is insane for the horror genre.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Views increase closer to release when people buy tickets. For mother! to be this high already is insane for the horror genre.

And I imagine the day the reviews get out:

Get out for example (if you click ...more statistic):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRfnevzM9kQ

Took a long time to reach 5m, got a visible uptick in february and then reach 12m

Happy death day (October friday the 13th):

https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=CANQFA%3D%3D&q=happy+death+day

Has around 7.5m views (that said it took 1 month to reach that and that movie should be big)

• Like 2

With that budget, how could it truly flop (unless audiences hated it)? Howver, this doesn't look like a surefire 100-million grosser. I bet it will gross somewhere between 40-50 million domestic, which is fine for the kind of film it is and the underwhelming promotional efforts. Looks phenomenal to me, and I am rooting for Pfeiffer, so either way, I am going to watch it.

• Like 1