kayumanggi

Weekend estimates: 15.90 M THE MARTIAN | 15.50 M GOOSEBUMPS | 11.37 M BOS | 10.83 M TLWH | 9.00 M HT II | 8.20 M PA: TGD | 7.27 M STEVE JOBS

I guess this will win the weekend. 

THE MARTIAN took in an estimated $15.90M this weekend. Domestic total stands at $166.36M. #TheMartian

Up .8M from Deadline's estimate yesterday. 

Ridley Scott. His Power.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

Understated. I think another reason why no one came out this weekend was because it was the first real cold weekend in the Northeast and less people are willing to go out on the first few really cold days. 

The NE had cold weather this weekend?

@BoxOffice: PARANORMAL ACTIVITY: THE GHOST DIMENSION opened with an estimated $8.20M this weekend. #ParanormalActivity

Not surprising since only 1 theatre in my entire city played it. This poor film got screwed. 

The Last Witch Hunter. ...turning a $3.8 million Friday into a $10.825 million weekend. ..

Paranormal Activity: The Ghost Dimension... earned just $7.8 million for the weekend.

Rock the Kasbah .. earned around a $1.51 million debut weekend, which is just above Jem on that “worst release for a 2,000+ screen release” list .

Suffragette in four theaters yesterday, and they earned $77,000 for their troubles. That’s an okay $19.4k per-screen-average for the historical drama.

I Smile Back debuted on two screens from Broad Green Pictures and should earn around $16,000 for their trouble.

The Martian should top the box office in its fourth weekend, earning $15.9 million (-25%) for a remarkable hold. .. has now earned $166.36m domestic and will pass Gone Girl ($167.7m) as the second-biggest movie in October history by Monday or Tuesday. Gravity ($274m) is out of reach, but weep not for the $108m Matt Damon vehicle as it’s getting closer and closer to looking like an Oscar favorite. 

Goosebumps had a great second weekend with $15.5 million (-35%) to bring its cume to $43.71m. Sony is having a heck of a fall, all due respect to The Walk, with GoosebumpsWar Room ($66m), The Perfect Guy, and Hotel Transylvania 2 ($9m/$148.2m). Spectre drops in the UK tomorrow night where it will surely make several thousand dollars.

...Bridge of Spies .. dropped 25% in weekend two to earn $11.37 million for a new $32.58m thus far. Walt Disney will keep this one in theaters for a while, and with Star Wars selling itself it only to concentrate on The Good Dinosaur over the next month.

Crimson Peak didn’t quite recover from last weekend’s poor debut. The Guillermo del Toro gothic romance earned $5.563m on its second weekend. To be fair, a 58% drop is not bad for a horror film (even one that swears it’s really a gothic romance), but that $22.454m ten day total is pretty scary.

The Intern refuses to die, earning $3.855 million (-29%) to bring its cume to $64.7m. 

Sicario earned $2.95m (-34%) for a new $39.38m total. 

Woodlawn should earn around $2.586m (-56%) ...an $8m ten-day cume. 

Pan lost 1,500 theaters and dropped 54% on its third weekend, earning $2.5m, bringing its cume to $29.822m. Oh, and it’s bombing in China too, with just $3.5m in four days.

Doing better in China was Ant-Man, which earned $22.3 million (-47%) in its second weekend in China, bringing its cume to $82.2m and its worldwide total to $493.81m.  (now $315.03m OS - terrestrial)

Room expanded to 23 theaters and earned around $243k (+106%) to bring its cume to $398k. ...

Hasbro has two successful franchises (Transformers, Ouija).

One moderately successful franchise (GI Joe).

And two flops (Jem and Battleship).

Upcoming films: My Little Pony, Hungry Hungry Hippos, Tonka, Magic the Gathering, Play-doh, Beyblade, Monopoly and Dungeons and Dragons.

I wonder how big the Jem fanbase is.

Women don't obsess over 80's cartoons nearly as much as men.

Small

No toys produced in decades, and only one TV show from the 80s. The difference between Jem and other stuff like Transformers is simple, Transformers has always been around, building new fans.

i don't think Hasbro is even supporting this movie.