kayumanggi

Weekend estimates: 15.90 M THE MARTIAN | 15.50 M GOOSEBUMPS | 11.37 M BOS | 10.83 M TLWH | 9.00 M HT II | 8.20 M PA: TGD | 7.27 M STEVE JOBS

The budget for Jobs is 30M and they spent a lot on marketing, this will probably be a loss for Uni unless it has insane weekend holds (and this is assuming the 9M forecast stays).

I think Uni was probably expecting a lot of nominations and some Oscars for Jobs. Guess that's what will make or break this project for them.

• Like 1

Variety preliminary estimates are similar to Deadline: http://variety.com/2015/film/news/box-office-last-witch-hunter-steve-jobs-rock-the-kasbah-jem-1201625271/.

Their takeaway: yes, it is possible to have too many films targeting adults out at once.

Sixth PARANORMAL ACTIVITY?

Yeah it's the sixth lol.

Edited by kayumanggi

It's still early. But if Jobs does only 9 mil, I'd blame it on the choice to go limited. A Steve Jobs movie can make money, but you gotta treat it like a mainstream flick as far as marketing goes. The cult of Apple would show up if they knew about it. 

This is the difference between Fincher and Boyle. Fincher gets big marketing campaigns. 

Not once did I see the trailer anywhere but at the Angelika (specialty) theater. 

Absolutely. They should of done a huge blast on a wide release. I feel like Jobs came out like a month ago, but it is just going wide now and the buzz has totally worn off. The limited release is quickly becomeing a dinosaur. Everest, The Walk, Sicario, Jobs all didn't take off on wide release despite strong early limited runs.