Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

clothes

Did you hear Glen Close flip out (positivly) about her cloths for GotG? Incl that they developed a new material for her...

The craftmanship he encountered there she told she nver had experienced efore. Was in UK

Handcraft in UK's studios is often done in up to 4th generation. A plasterer there only does plasterer work, see 4th generation example, gains a quality a lot of the US actors were seemingly very surprised about.

Not saying they are generally better, but at least some are really really good

1 minute ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

Am I the only one seeing the irony in an MCU fanatic condemning movies for not bringing anything new to the table? :hahaha:

Sinse when is The Futurist pro MCU in general?

5 minutes ago, LouisianaArkansasGeorgia said:

#NotSureIfSerious

I just have seen you are not that long here.

I think he/she likes one or two of the recent ones to a degree, but for some years my impression was a lot of anti posts.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrestrial said:

I just have seen you are not that long here.

I think he/she likes one or two of the recent ones to a degree, but for some years my impression was a lot of anti posts.

Futurist is a MCU fanatic. Napoleon of MCU. LAG is DC fanboy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Futurist is a MCU fanatic. Napoleon of MCU. LAG is DC fanboy.

Maybe I mix up user names, but in the past there was someone who wrote rather ... highbrowed posts about the MCU movies.

I am usually not the whole year around here, but in my early years I was repeatedly one step before putting on ignore said person.

Scratching the head and wondering who else that can be

3 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Maybe I mix up user names, but in the past there was someone who wrote rather ... highbrowed posts about the MCU movies.

I am usually not the whole year around here, but in my early years I was repeatedly one step before putting on ignore said person.

Scratching the head and wondering who else that can be

Can't help with that. There have been a few, chocofles was one. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Premium George said:

Can't help with that. There have been a few, chocofles was one. 

Was before your time, had similar Avatar or similar colours in Avatar (clothes, background give some colour scheme)

Maybe somone less active nowadays, I will see, thanks for the effort!

12 hours ago, TMP said:

So weird that we have members on here who are fanboys of, and frequently defend/celebrate the success of, soulless multi-billion conglomerates 

I love it. Seeing 'liberals' online celebrating the merger of two multinational corporations who only care about profit makes me feel warm inside. The culture war is won, the left lost. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I love it. Seeing 'liberals' online celebrating the merger of two multinational corporations who only care about profit makes me feel warm inside. The culture war is won, the left lost. 

I’m farrr left and the merger is very upsetting to me.  I don’t think it has anything to do with being a liberal.  The only people that seem to be supporting the deal are Disney fanboys or Marvel fanboys, regardless of their political beliefs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I’m farrr left and the merger is very upsetting to me.  I don’t think it has anything to do with being a liberal.  The only people that seem to be supporting the deal are Disney fanboys or Marvel fanboys, regardless of their political beliefs

I meant that people who regard themselves as liberal look past what is ostensibly pro-corporatism just because they like certain fictional characters. That's why I mentioned the winning of the culture war.  

• Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

I meant that people who regard themselves as liberal look past what is ostensibly pro-corporatism just because they like certain fictional characters. That's why I mentioned the winning of the culture war.  

I haven't seen liberals specifically do that. Just nerds who only care about superheroes. I don't think people as ignorant as that would even know about the political spectrum.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Agree,

I see the few members, who are seemingly being happy about it, are from both ends of the current 'war'

= not a lot in the sum anyway, the most who even reacted to it, seem to see it critical, the vast majority of the members here seem not to have commented at all, at least I've not seen such in the threads I usually visit.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Walt Disney said:

Of course they will. That's exactly what James Cameron wants. Cameron negotiated his contract with Fox, which carries over to Disney. So he wants Disney to market these sequels like crazy, so they make huge profits, so that Cameron makes huge profits. He wants Avatar Land to be successful because it helps promote the movie and he personally helped design Avatar Land (and you can be sure that it was more expensive that way because James Cameron is big on quality).

But additionally, Cameron will get a percentage of merchandising. And Disney's consumer products division is much better than Fox's. That's an added revenue stream. Also, Emma Watts is still working for Disney as an executive at 20th Century Fox, and she is the one with the great working relationship with James Cameron. If we're just looking at this from James Cameron's perspective (which I know no one is, me included),  Disney buying Fox is a good thing.

I love the bit about how unfair it is that others benefit from "Jim's Hard Work".

I guess the idea that Fox/Disney'Paramount (for the new Treminator film)  are the ones who are giving Cameron the money to makes his movies is a concept beyond them. If Cameron wants to get all the benefits of his hard work, he can finance his own films.

At tiems the Cameron fanboys are just plain not too smart.

• Knock It Off 1

4 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I think a move  like this is why some were worried about Disney buying fox(on top of the obvious job loss).

This is such a fucking dumb decision on Disney's part, jesus christ

19 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I think a move  like this is why some were worried about Disney buying fox(on top of the obvious job loss).

Also that give credence to my opinion to not take all that pre-merger talk like that one, too serious:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/its-getting-awkward-at-foxs-movie-studio-as-disney-deal-looms-1533906010

Two Fox movie divisions are likely to survive, though. Disney CEO Robert Iger has publicly touted Fox Searchlight, which makes “prestige” films like last year’s best picture Oscar winner “The Shape of Water” and Fox 2000, which specializes in literary adaptations such as the teen coming-out story “Love, Simon,” which came out earlier this year.

Everything is on the table, specially when the getting close to 80 year's old employee during the merger retire and get replaced, but even with them still in place, they will learn a lot more stuff and during discovery could see opporturnity to shift things (or just have lie since the beginning, because of how long the process can be, you do not to have too long of time people running death asset).