Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I subconsciously docked it a lot the first time for not doing anything to advance any larger MCU cosmic plots points, but with some more distance and removed from those expectations it moves along reasonably well and has some hard hitting emotional moments.

Pretty much my exact thoughts just said much more eloquently. I just really liked the first soo much. My wife doesn't really like superhero type films and that was her favorite.

9 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

it almost makes people think it's a movie worth fighting over 

People often cling to things that are far from reality. Massive superman fan and that film was such a disappointment. Directors cut any better?

24 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

People often cling to things that are far from reality. Massive superman fan and that film was such a disappointment. Directors cut any better?

Is it better to subject yourself to 150 minutes of 4/10 quality or 180 minutes of 5/10 quality? Open philosophical question.

4 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

Is it better to subject yourself to 150 minutes of 4/10 quality or 180 minutes of 5/10 quality? Open philosophical question.

.....tough question. I really wanted to like that movie ..but not sure I want to waste 3 hours for a marginal difference. Like if it went from 4 to 6.5 then hells yeah.

5 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

That's not a response to my question.

I'm not really familiar with CM so I really don't know the answer. But as far as I can see heroes in MCU don't have a problem killing people and that's fine with me. Superman and Batman has morality issues like Batman doesn't kill but in BvS he literally massacres. Same with Supes in MoS. That is why people have problem with them

I don't think the issue with MoS is so much about people taking issue with Superman killing as it is that the movie itself simply isn't that entertaining. After all, the general audience doesn't really care about canon or being faithful to comics...they want an enjoyable movie experience above all else. That is the difference between MoS and CM. Whether you personally like CM or not, the vast majority see it as a good time at the movies. 

8 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

But see how she destroyed that whole Kree armada without breaking a sweat even though those vessels were full of Kree. That's what happened in MOS when Superman just destroyed the last Krypton ships. Just like she obliterated every one of her Kree former squad "friends"without any moral quandary.

I am not really sure if you have seen CM as there are mistakes in this statement. But as the explanation for that is full of spoilers, I'll answer this in the spoiler thread:

15 hours ago, Napoleon said:

This is completely false. Snyder fans have always been very supportive of all the DCEU movies.

Only if they can give the credit to Snyder somehow. Like WW was secretly directed by Snyder, so it's good. Snyder helped Wan to direct Aquaman, so it turned out good.

11 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

But see how she destroyed that whole Kree armada without breaking a sweat even though those vessels were full of Kree. That's what happened in MOS when Superman just destroyed the last Krypton ships. Just like she obliterated every one of her Kree former squad "friends"without any moral quandary.

Cosmic MCU I've learned is very kill count heavy. You've got mythical figures annhilating practically every realm, pirate bounty hunters doing what pirate bounty hunters do, and now CM, which I haven't gotten around to. In MoS, weren't the last remaining other Kryptonians evil? They won't waiver on making a new home even if another lifeform goes endangered/extinct. That's where movies like WW & Aquaman come across as killing living non-zombie things for the sake of doing action scenes.  

4 hours ago, Nero said:

I'm not really familiar with CM so I really don't know the answer. But as far as I can see heroes in MCU don't have a problem killing people and that's fine with me. 

In her other adaptations, she's either an uptight Captain America (a strict/stern school teacher) OR the female equivalent of Hulk (yes, I know She-Hulk...but She-Hulk is more 'zen' than MS MARVEL)

Edited by 2kt09
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, telcontar said:

Only if they can give the credit to Snyder somehow. Like WW was secretly directed by Snyder, so it's good. Snyder helped Wan to direct Aquaman, so it turned out good.

There is a movie to be made that is right up Snyders street and it doesn't need any permissions from DC or WB....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penthesilea_(Kleist)

Holy shit Zack Snyder seems to have finally snapped:

“Someone says to me: [Ben Affleck’s] Batman killed a guy. I’m like, F**k, really? Wake the f**k up,” Snyder said. “I guess that’s what I’m saying. Once you lost your virginity to this fucking movie and then you come and say to me something about like ‘my superhero wouldn’t do that.’ I’m like ‘Are you serious?’ I’m like down the f**king road on that. It’s a cool point of view to be like ‘my heroes are innocent’…That’s cool. But you’re living in a f**king dream world.”

He actually said this lol. Link to article: https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/03/24/superman-batman-kill-dawn-of-justice-man-of-steel-zack-snyder/