Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

I don't disagree with anything you say. It's the sort of moment where if you're really frustrated or disconnected from a movie, it's yet another reason why it's not working, and if you're going with the flow, you kinda give it a pass.

For me, that wasn't the moment, while it a terrible one, that had completely solidified the film's failure to me. It was the attempt at emotional resonance towards the end that elicited nothing more than a shrug of indifference from me, and that's even more unforgivable.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

For example, we all know that "The Cure" joke was in Wright's script, but in the film itself, it's not that humorous although with the appropriate wacky editing, it could've been really fun.

Except it wasn't.

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

Not yet, but he loves Transformers. :lol: 

Tele, I'm a lifelong TF fan.

Tell him the movies are for frat boys and show him this: 

This movie blew my mind when I was a kid and made me a sci fi fan for life.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So awesome. The soundtrack in general is great for that film, and the score from Vince DiCola of Rocky IV is 80's synth awesomeness.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

He's not even five yet, he won't have a clue what "frat boys" are. :rofl: 

He'll love this shit, though, I'll show him.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

He's not even five yet, he won't have a clue what "frat boys" are. :rofl: 

He'll love this shit, though, I'll show him.

You mean he hasn't been to a frat house yet.

You're obviously sheltering him, Tele. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I was probably 8 when I saw the Optimus death scene. Not under 5.

But I did see a hunter kill Bambi's mother around his age and remember being shellshocked. I'm glad I learned the world wasn't all puppies and ice cream very early though.

Megatron and Optimus fight until both are mortally wounded. Here's Optimus' death afterwards:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

I know it's become a meme and all, but honestly I think this whole Martha thing is way overblown. It wasn't executed perfectly but it worked for me. People just love to take it literally, I guess, because it's funnier than way. Of all the things to slam BVS for, that moment wouldn't be a major one for me. 

Tele logic

All marvel movies are background noise but defends Batman vs Superman. 

5 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Warners is gonna keep making DC-related movies until we're all dead, regardless of how they turn out.

Of course they are, but if you like the project they're building right now then you have to hope the reception towards it is good enough to convince them to keep this project going. I'd be quite a bit annoyed if they changed too much of their plans because of bad reception from the GA and critics.

Call me crazy but I really wanna see Snyder's vision of the Justice League without Warner being up his business every step of the way because of a box office disappointment.

This might sound melodramatic, but humanity will never reach its potential until people stop feeling the need to pick a team with everything. Down voting a movie you haven't seen is the definition of irrationality. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tonytr87 said:

This might sound melodramatic, but humanity will never reach its potential until people stop feeling the need to pick a team with everything. Down voting a movie you haven't seen is the definition of irrationality. 

Agreed.

#TeamRationality

• Like 2