Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Well this a bad news regarding WB's ability to let a director make their movie imo.   Reeves has turned down big budget offers before when he wasn't happy with the situation:

'Batman' Negotiations Break Down With Director Matt Reeves (Exclusive)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-negotiations-break-down-director-matt-reeves-977266

My interest level just went from 100% to 0%.

Might be a little late to the Pirates conversation, but 1 is terrific, 2 is fun if bloated, 3 is bloated and kinda boring, and On Stranger Tides is one of the least enjoyable movies I've ever had the displeasure of watching in a theater. 

23 hours ago, johnboy3434 said:

It still stuns me that Pirates 3 is the most expensive movie of all time, beating out Cleopatra's long-standing record. I mean, the movie looks great, but it doesn't look "GDP of Micronesia" great.

How much did it cost? More than Avatar, Superman Returns and Heaven's Gate?

4 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I just want to congratulate the boards because since my absence, this has become a far better and healthier place to discuss movies, and yes, even Marvel and DC ones. I don't know how we got here, but keep it up.

Nothing changed; it was just a lull between CBMs. I'm sure it'll get toxic soon enough :lol: 

Oh, and Cocho got perma'd.

35 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Nothing changed; it was just a lull between CBMs. I'm sure it'll get toxic soon enough :lol: 

I like Cocho and fishnets. I find Cocho's passion for the DCEU endearing, and at her best days she was able to be reasonable. The problem was when she wasn't. There are others that caused way more havoc that seem to be absent and the boards benefitted from that it seems.

I feel that since I got back here almost two weeks ago we discussed such a great range of films and situations, like the whole Affleck thing, different approaches to superhero films to very healthy results. The boards were good when I got here in '12, but I feel that they are even better. This kind of environment isn't what it was one year ago in 'calm' days. Call me optimistic, but I honestly don't see things going downhill ever again.

Edited by iJackSparrow

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I like Cocho and fishnets. I find Cocho's passion for the DCEU endearing, and at her best days she was able to be reasonable. The problem was when she wasn't. There are others that caused way more havoc that seem to be absent and the boards benefitted from that it seems.

I feel that since I got here we discussed such a great range of films and situations, like the whole Affleck thing, different approaches to superhero films to very healthy results. The boards were good when I got here in '12, but I feel that they are even better. Call me optimistic, but I honestly don't see things going downhill ever again.

Why fishnets. I here nothing but horror stories about her

35 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Will excel return? I remember his rant on how the MCU is dumbing down audiences

Edited by YourMother

42 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

For reals? It's not nice to speak ill of the departed, but I had her on ignore for years. Does she know what the word "cochofle" means? I guess we'll never know. 

29 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

She was hysterical. She was our very own Nikki Finke. I sincerely miss her on the boards.

By hysterical you mean mentally ill?  Her weird ramblings and obsessions were sometimes entertaining back on BOM and for the first few years here I guess, but she got progressively worse and started routinely posting fucked up shit.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

She was hysterical. She was our very own Nikki Finke. I sincerely miss her on the boards.

Fishnets bounces around other movie sites, still grinding the same ax. She is completely obsessed, but I suppose all of us would be too if Miranda Otto had run over our dogs and stolen our boyfriends. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Talkie said:

Fishnets bounces around other movie sites, still grinding the same ax. She is completely obsessed, but I suppose all of us would be too if Miranda Otto had run over our dogs and stolen our boyfriends

OMG, hahaha

14 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

By hysterical you mean mentally ill?  Her weird ramblings and obsessions were sometimes entertaining back on BOM and for the first few years here I guess, but she got progressively worse and started routinely posting fucked up shit.

I wasn't around when the breakdown happened. What I remember of her is back from 2012, I believe. I know something bad happened, but I wasn't here to witness.