Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I have an idea about what Luthor's motivation was. It's sick as hell, but Snyder did say once in an interview that he thought a story about Batman being raped in prison would be interesting, so I don't think I'm being unfair to him. Anyone who needs a trigger warning, consider yourself trigger warned and don't click the spoiler.

Spoiler

Luthor was molested by his father. The wild raving and the creepy stuff with the Jolly Rancher and the jar of piss were the acting out of a sexual abuse victim. Luthor believed that God either didn't exist or was evil because God did nothing to save him.

When he compared Lois to Lolita, Luthor was saying that a woman can't meaningfully consent to sex with a god any more than a little girl can meaningfully consent to sex with a grown man, so Superman was a sexual predator too. Luthor hated Superman because he saw him as a combination of the father who molested him and the God who let it happen.

Luthor also hated himself. Regarding Lois as a fellow victim, he threw her off the building as a proxy suicide. That's why he made the uncontrollable Doomsday: to kill God, kill himself, and kill everyone else, because they didn't do anything to stop his father either.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, kdx125 said:

I have an idea about what Luthor's motivation was. It's sick as hell, but Snyder did say once in an interview that he thought a story about Batman being raped in prison would be interesting, so I don't think I'm being unfair to him. Anyone who needs a trigger warning, consider yourself trigger warned and don't click the spoiler.

Reveal hidden contents

That's GREAT. It's a shame that it's not in the movie though. And it's not like it couldn't be hinted. There's a lot of sexual innuendo going between Luthor and that government figurehead about candies. A little throwaway line would suffice. It's a shame that it's in the realm of theory though. Hell, other than the cgi fest, it'd make Luthor a dramatic villain with a motivation. One that the film sadly didn't have. 

Edited by iJackSparrow

Why cool & hip people like to prentend that having a somewhat weak villain is ONLY Marvel thing ?

The villains in Indiana Jones were so fantastic, something named something doing something something : memorable !  

• Like 1

Just now, The Futurist said:

Why cool & hip people like to prentend that having a somewhat weak villain is ONLY Marvel thing ?

The villains in Indiana Jones were so fantastic, something named something doing something something : memorable !  

Marvel is doing fine in the villains department. I feel like what they've been doing is actually by design, to be honest. Entering  Phase 3, Vol. 2 already had one of their best villains ever, same for Zemo and I'd argue that Dormammu's time loop face off is one of Marvel's most iconic scenes ever. Vulture seems more menacing and bad ass than he ever should be with Keaton, Hela looks freaking insane and the Russo Brothers probably prepared to deliver an amazing Thanos. I wouldn't put behind them to purposedly keep the villains at a lower echelon in the previous phases so we can experience an escalation. It's actually clever. 

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

That must be rare cool&hip people complain about weak villain from Suicide Squad to DrDoom/Lex Luthor to some in the star wars prequels, to Mr Freeze.

Sound like a strawman.

5 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Marvel is doing fine in the villains department. I feel like what they've been doing is actually by design, to be honest.

Maybe, Marvel did send comment to Sony about their amazing spider-man 2 script, and that was one of their comments:

. I don’t buy Electro’s hate of Spider-Man.  Feels manufactured, convenient, undeserved.  It’s part of the whole formulaic issue I mention above.  Why do we always have to witness the Spider-Man movie villain be created from scratch and imbue him with all the reasons why he should hate the world and especially Spider-Man?  Why can’t there just be some evil out there already and Spidey is the first and last line of defense?  Use some flash backs to prove out the ruthless, blood-lusting, darkness of the beast but don’t bog down every Spider-Man movie with the complete creation and backstory of the innocent victim that we can’t even come to fully despise because his evilness ain’t his fault.  In any case, we need to develop some rules around the scope of Electro’s powers.  He seems to be able to do whatever he needs to do when he needs to do it.

It could be design to have a villain (if he is to be vanquished) that the audience do not like, to have the movie be just about the actual heroes.

18 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Maybe, Marvel did send comment to Sony about their amazing spider-man 2 script, and that was one of their comments:

. I don’t buy Electro’s hate of Spider-Man.  Feels manufactured, convenient, undeserved.  It’s part of the whole formulaic issue I mention above.  Why do we always have to witness the Spider-Man movie villain be created from scratch and imbue him with all the reasons why he should hate the world and especially Spider-Man?  Why can’t there just be some evil out there already and Spidey is the first and last line of defense?  Use some flash backs to prove out the ruthless, blood-lusting, darkness of the beast but don’t bog down every Spider-Man movie with the complete creation and backstory of the innocent victim that we can’t even come to fully despise because his evilness ain’t his fault.  In any case, we need to develop some rules around the scope of Electro’s powers.  He seems to be able to do whatever he needs to do when he needs to do it.

It could be design to have a villain (if he is to be vanquished) that the audience do not like, to have the movie be just about the actual heroes.

Not just that. It's about escalation. In Phase One, the first films went with some of the best villaisn have, to some great results, namely Loki, Red Skull, Obadiah Stane General Thunderbolt Ross and Abomination. Iron Man 2 was like the calm before the storm. The villains were obviously secondaryu. Comes The Avengers, and Loki is the villain that brings the Avengers together for the first time, just like in the comics. Then in Phase 2, we got Aldrich Killian, Malekith, Alexander Pierce and Ronan. One could argue that the Winter Soldier was the villain for Cap 2, but to me it was Hydra through Pierce. Yellow Jacket was honest the best villain that Ant-Man could get other than Ultron, and then Ultron in the end of Phase 2 almost seemed like they were holding themselves back. Then you start to see a pattern: other than Cap, it's like all these films were designed to keep the pieces moving, but the stakes weren't as high as something like Thanos, Hela and Vol. 2's villain. Phase 3 started going all out: Helmut Zemo, Dormammu, Vol. 2's villain, Vulture, Hela and finally Thanos. Looking from the big picture I can see a pattern of the villains getting bigger and the stakes getting higher. 

• Like 1

In Phase 1 of the MCU, the villains ranged from bad (Abomination) to okay (Red Skull) to great (Loki).

Phase 2, most of villains where Luthor (2016)/Enchantress level bad (Ronan, Malekith) to meh bad (notmyMandarin, Strucker) to okay yet forgettable (Yellowjacket, Pierce), to good. Phase 2 had the worst villains imo.

Phase 3 so far, has okay villains with potential (Zemo, Ayesha, Dormammu), to a very good villain 

Spoiler

Ego

And one bad villain, Kaecillus. But a lot of villains have a lot of potential for these upcoming movies.

On 5/10/2017 at 1:59 PM, YourMother said:

In Phase 1 of the MCU, the villains ranged from bad (Abomination) to okay (Red Skull) to great (Loki).

Phase 2, most of villains where Luthor (2016)/Enchantress level bad (Ronan, Malekith) to meh bad (notmyMandarin, Strucker) to okay yet forgettable (Yellowjacket, Pierce), to good. Phase 2 had the worst villains imo.

Phase 3 so far, has okay villains with potential (Zemo, Ayesha, Dormammu), to a very good villain 

Hide contents

Ego

And one bad villain, Kaecillus. But a lot of villains have a lot of potential for these upcoming movies.

Not only do you disrespect ?, but you disrespect Trevor as well.

@Sam @MrPink @Robertman2 & Knuckles @4815162342, what are we gonna do about this?

Edited by aabattery
added hammer time
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, MrPink said:

We make a club about Lego Ninjago making less than Lego Batman OW

Okay, due to a sudden realization, I have more appreciation for Hammer, probably in MCU's top five villains.

9 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Okay, due to a sudden realization, I have more appreciation for Hammer, probably in MCU's top five villains.

But you said that there were only three good MCU villains, so if he's in the top 5, and not in the top 4, that means that you still think he's not a good villain.

?????

35 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Not only do you disrespect ?, but you disrespect Trevor as well.

@Sam @MrPink @Robertman2 & Knuckles, what are we gonna do about this?

Reported the posts for blatant trolling.

When you got reported for trolling in a thread designed to allow trolling, you know you fucked up.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, That One Valerian said:

But you said that there were only three good MCU villains, so if he's in the top 5, and not in the top 4, that means that you still think he's not a good villain.

?????

Nope he's tied for number 1.

Edited by YourMother