Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

7 hours ago, Sam said:

I'm sorry. 

But you, me and Pink; we will always have the deep bond of being the devoted original Hammer brigade. These bandwagoners can't compare to you. 

0mrKW_s-200x150.gif

• Like 1

@The Futurist  Vol. 2 was a good movie, I liked it a lot but educational?  You might want to look back at some of that dialogue. I won't post the jokes here but for those who have seen it, we all know the kind of humor I'm talking about. I'd only use the word educational if you meant at an elementary level.  

Edited by Johnny Tran
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, chrisman0606 said:

I known Zack Snyder did some help with WW, but it is Patty movie and I have low confidence in JL.

The WW official posters have "story by Zack Snyder". 

Anyway, I'm not buying the twitter reactions for this, reminded me of the BvS early reactions. 

14 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

The WW official posters have "story by Zack Snyder". 

Anyway, I'm not buying the twitter reactions for this, reminded me of the BvS early reactions. 

These are from actual critics not fans.

• Like 1

My thoughts on what DC will bring to Comic Con, since iJack brought it up in the WW thread...

Behind the scenes Aquaman stuff, concept art, etc

Featurette for JL (I think we'll get a 2nd trailer with WW)

Joss announcement for Batgirl

Flash director/date

Updates on Suicide Squad 2 and Gotham City Sirens

Wonder Woman 2 announcement, with Patty Jenk returning

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Does the Embargo for Captain Underpants also break tomorrow? 

WW's breaks at 9pm PST Mon (coincidentally when it will start to show in Hong Kong - where it will be Tue afternoon)

Same as Marvel did for Doctor Strange and GOTG2 whose embargoes broke just as the first shows started in the U.K. And Australia respectively.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Same as Marvel did for Doctor Strange and GOTG2 whose embargoes broke just as the first shows started in the U.K. And Australia respectively.

yeah honestly most movies these days the embargo lifts a couple days before opening whether it is a domestic or international opening. You sometimes get a few exceptions though like Logan

27 minutes ago, grim22 said:

That's because they started the movies more than a week ahead O/S. - in Australia's case about 10 days ahead of the US.  And even then they released the embargo 2 days before the Australia opening - not the afternoon of.

WW is opening in US this week - we're getting reviews basically 2 1/2 days before Previews start on Thur evening.  Why?  If they're confident in the film, and from early tweets they should be, then why wait so long to break the embargo?  Why not release reviews and have buzz build?  That's what helped non MCU films like Deadpool, Logan build steam.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

That's because they started the movies more than a week ahead O/S. - in Australia's case about 10 days ahead of the US.  And even then they released the embargo 2 days before the Australia opening - not the afternoon of.

WW is opening in US this week - we're getting reviews basically 2 1/2 days before Previews start on Thur evening.  Why?  If they're confident in the film, and from early tweets they should be, then why wait so long to break the embargo?  Why not release reviews and have buzz build?  That's what helped non MCU films like Deadpool, Logan build steam.

It released in Australia on the 25th afternoon and reviews went live in the US on the 24th midnight. Aabattery was going into his screening when reviews dropped. There was literally no time between reviews going live and the screenings in Australia. Why wouldn't they allow reviews even earlier to build for a bigger OS start? And Doctor Strange was also literally the time U.K. Screenings began. 

If they really wanted to hide it a social media embargo with ONLY fan reactions from screenings till the Wednesday night embargo lift would have been the best option. Instead, they have gone for a bigger buzz building strategy. Critics who didn't like it aren't barred from tweeting about it or other social media aspects. We also have seen a lot of RT critics who hated BvS, MoS and SS tweet positively.

Why would they even lift it 3 days early when reviews have been shown to hurt final buzz? I would keep an embargo till Thursday midnight if my movie was tracking well.

• Like 3