Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

I don't see why people do not trust Disney with the X-men.

I mean, it's Kevin Feige we're talking about. The guy knows what he's doing. 

I think he was also in the production of the first Fox superhero movies.

If nothing else, I'd think X-Men would benefit from Marvel's casting instead of Singer's casting couch.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

He was and according to him in the variety mags that came out last week he was the one who told them to make Wolverine’s hair like that to resemble the comics. 

2 hours ago, JonathanLB said:

I'm sure Fox Searchlight has some perfectly charming pictures but Hollywood needs to get over the idea of lower budget movies being shitty indie garbage that most people hate. You can just make a legitimately good or great movie on a $3-30 million budget. It’s not that hard frankly, that’s a LOT of money. Just because you don’t spend $200M doesn’t mean you need to make an art house movie about a one armed Native American woman struggling with raising her autistic son in the South while experimenting with lesbianism and a journey into the occult. I mean you don’t need to throw up darts at a PC virtue signaling board to make a goddamn movie. It can just be a concept that’s broadly appealing but doesn’t need huge SFX and you can still make a movie that appeals to everyone. I don’t know when or why they forgot how to do this. Suddenly it’s like either you get Star Wars or some bullshit like The Danish Girl that nobody outside of the most liberal coastal progressive would ever even see.

Yikes.

8 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

It's a fan thing; Some X Men fans just hate Marvel Studios.

I have some concerns about the deal as a whole, but Feige getting control of the X men is not one of them. As for Feige getting control of the Fantastic Four.......100% on board with that. No way he could do worse then Fox had done with that Franchise.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

I don’t give a shit about Disney owning X-Men or them in the MCU, I care about Fox and the monopoly that can happen.

Amused at how, over in the Bond 25 thread in the "On The Lot" section, some people are absoutley buying into the dubious Nolan will direct Bond 25 rumors. One Fan site say so, citing two "solid inside sources" and the fanboys go wild, not remembering how often fan cited "Solid Sources" have been totally wrong. Also say Nolan will get 100% creative control, which is what makes the whole rumor really suspect.

If Nolan does direct a Bond film, he has better not expect 100% creative control. The Bond franchise is Eon Films only asset, and they are not giving up creative control in a million years.

• Like 1

Off topic but I totally forgot that the last non-Disney or Universal $1 Billion Film was Transformers: The Last Knight back in 2014. Thought Avatar 2 would definitely break that streak but with Fox either selling to Disney or Comcast...not sure when the next one is coming. Maybe Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald? Wonder Woman 2? Spider-Man: Homecoming 2? Bond 25?

Edited by Darth Lehnsherr
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, YourMother said:

LOL. AT&T buying Time Warner (vertical merger) gets banned by Department of Justice. Yet Disney buying Fox (horizontal merger) is green-lighted. I wonder if anything related to Warner Bros is just cursed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

LOL. AT&T buying Time Warner (vertical merger) gets banned by Department of Justice. Yet Disney buying Fox (horizontal merger) is green-lighted. I wonder if anything related to Warner Bros is just cursed.

Disney bribes anyone they can't buy.images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUSZ1VAcLhvxMwrQB70sT

8 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

Disney would make R rated movies the same way they always have.   Again...Fox didn't make them either until Ryan Reynolds wore them down over the course of a decade.   Marvel could make the same kind of X-men movies Fox made....which are all PG-13.

Just check out those numbers for Deadpool.   You think Disney won't act on something like that?    That's a huge pile of money.

Disney has released R rated movies too.   I frankly only care about the Marvel and Star Wars stuff to be honest.    The rating matters so little to me I doubt I could tell you which of my favorite movies are rated R with any confidence.    I either like the movie or not.    An R rating doesn't give one film any advantage over another one.

Interesting how it's "challenging PG-13" when Fox does it.   :D

This really smells something like this:

"What is something Marvel hasn't done?    An R rated movie?   Let's act like that is super duper important now!"

I hate when people stupidly put words in my mouth. I never call any of these movies important, but apes franchise is challenging for disney, 'cos it is adult oriented. What was the last r-rated blockbuster disney released? Yeah, right.

17 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

I hate when people stupidly put words in my mouth. I never call any of these movies important, but apes franchise is challenging for disney, 'cos it is adult oriented. What was the last r-rated blockbuster disney released? Yeah, right.

Under BV/Disney it could be Enemy of the state in 1998

For Miramax Cold mountain in 2003 ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Disney would not allow A Cure for Wellness to be made.  Therefore, Disney buying Fox = Bad, me no like

I can see Disney retconning the Fox label and merge it with the Searchlight label (but call it Searchlight) for their hard PG-13/R movies like Alien and Predator, Kingsman, along with a plethora of smaller films as well, other than Avatar and the Fox-Marvel movies since they want to be a big competitor to Netflix. However I’m against Disney or a major studio in general having so much power.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord

8 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Disney would not allow A Cure for Wellness to be made.  Therefore, Disney buying Fox = Bad, me no like

Disney can only fall for paying Verbinski's bloated budgets so many times..  They paid their dues and then some with The Lone Ranger.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1