Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

13 hours ago, kdx125b said:

Disney could have worse problems than pushy Marvel fans if the alt-right decides to go after Lin-Manuel Miranda during the mid-term elections.  They'd be attacking him for his support of President Obama's commutation of Oscar Lopez Rivera's sentence.  Rivera was one of the leaders of FALN, a group of communist Puerto Rican separatists who went on a bombing spree in the continental US in the late seventies, causing the deaths of five people.  

This sounds like a conspiracy theory, but it was an actual news story about a year and half ago:

https://www.newsweek.com/oscar-lopez-rivera-terrorist-some-hero-others-621949

It just got overshadowed by the fact that Obama had commuted Chelsea Manning's sentence at the same time, and his opponents prefered to focus on that.  I don't see the Republicans not bringing it up again now, though.  It's too good a way to paint the Democrats as weak on border security, soft on communism, and generally anti-American.

After the success the alt-right had with Gunn, they'd definitely try to involve Disney through the Mary Poppins movie, and they wouldn't want to settle for anything less than a firing.  The thing is, I don't think Disney could fire Miranda even if they wanted to.  He finished shooting months ago, his part sounds too big to cut, and as for reshooting his scenes, who could they find both able and willing to take the job?

I despise alt right, but  I dislike conspiracy crap even more.

28 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I wonder if the guy who photographed that picture of Cameron tearing up the Marvel logo are aware that Cameron was in talks for a number of years to do a Spiderman film?

That is what I dislike about a lot of the Cameron fanboys:They need to rip apart everything they see as competition to Cameron. Frankly, they remeind me of  Trump supporters in their blind worship.

*blind* worship

This is a box office forum and James Cameron is the current box office champion, the only director that holds a candle to Jim is Steven Spielberg but the 80's and 90's were his era. As seen with RP1 he doesn't have it in him to make a Jim tier big budget high spectacle extravaganza any more.

As well as being the man that gave us TITANIC and AVATAR he also is an incredible role model and fights for righteous causes. Don't forget what he did in deep sea exploration would be seen as an incredible feat for someone in that field, no ocean too deep and box office that's steep. That is JAMES 'Jim' CAMERON.

Dudadadadalab, perhaps your criticism would be more valid if there was a reason NOT to revere Jim. I'm yet to hear one.

jHEBzoW.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Trump is an idiot and is worshiped by racists, don't compare James Cameron and his fans to that. JC is a great guy and we should be happy there are people who look up to him.

I compared Trump Followers and Xameron fanboys because they both have a "He can do no wrong"  mentality . I did not compare Trump and Cameron many of whose films I liked (though I thought Avatar was one of his weaker films). You really don't see the difference?

2 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I compared Trump Followers and Xameron fanboys because they both have a "He can do no wrong"  mentality . I did not compare Trump and Cameron many of whose films I liked (though I thought Avatar was one of his weaker films). You really don't see the difference?

It probably seems that way because of his track record.

7 for 7 with films, a bunch of oscars and the ultimate reward of billies upon billies mad, hard to fault the guy.

TITANIC

TRUE LIES

T2

THE ABYSS

ALIENS

THE TERMINATOR

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

*blind* worship

This is a box office forum and James Cameron is the current box office champion, the only director that holds a candle to Jim is Steven Spielberg but the 80's and 90's were his era. As seen with RP1 he doesn't have it in him to make a Jim tier big budget high spectacle extravaganza any more.

As well as being the man that gave us TITANIC and AVATAR he also is an incredible role model and fights for righteous causes. Don't forget what he did in deep sea exploration would be seen as an incredible feat for someone in that field, no ocean too deep and box office that's steep. That is JAMES 'Jim' CAMERON.

Dudadadadalab, perhaps your criticism would be more valid if there was a reason NOT to revere Jim. I'm yet to hear one.

jHEBzoW.jpg

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Trump is an idiot and is worshiped by racists, don't compare James Cameron and his fans to that. JC is a great guy and we should be happy there are people who look up to him.

That's a large part of what is wrong with American politics. 

Gross, false blanket generalizations. 

About 40-45% of Americans voted for him. Are all of them racist? A large part? Some small minority that gets lots of media coverage and not associated with the rest? 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

About 40-45% of Americans voted for him. Are all of them racist? A large part? Some small minority that gets lots of media coverage and not associated with the rest? 

Trump voters might not be racists, but they voted for somebody who was obviously a bigot.

This is not politics as usual. We have a idiot who thinks he is a genius for president and one who wants to be a dictator. Very dangerous, indeed.

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

11 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Not everyone who voted for Trump worship him. Many people voted for him just because they couldn't stand a woman being president.

• Haha 1

So many things that are again, opinions about Trump and his supporters. Dictator aspirations, please. 

Not wanting Hillary as President is far different from "couldn't stand a woman being President".

It's like the left can't see it's own bigotry. Hilariously sad. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

I see that Jimbo just proved every thing I have been saying about over the top Cameron fans.

What is really sad is they have no idea of how silly they look to everybody who is not a Cameron fanboy, and even a lot of the more rational Cameron fans think they are silly.

1 minute ago, Captain Craig said:

So many things that are again, opinions about Trump and his supporters. Dictator aspirations, please. 

Not wanting Hillary as President is far different from "couldn't stand a woman being President".

It's like the left can't see it's own bigotry. Hilariously sad. 

Read Trump's tweets. If they don't scream "authoritarian who wants absolute power" I don't know what does.

And how about his constant attacks on freedom of the press, and threats agains this critics?

6 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Not everyone who voted for Trump worship him. Many people voted for him just because they couldn't stand a woman being president.

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

At the presidential you are right, but in the primaries ?

You also have the Mickey Mouse Republicans, who would vote for Mickey Mouse for President if he was on the Republican ticket.