Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Considering the type of stuff Geoff Johns added to the Justice League film, I wouldn't be surprised if he hires James Gunn to direct Green Lanterns

7l5mCWX.png

I thought that was Whedon. You know, because he did the exact same "joke" in AoU

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

As someone who generally prefers the DC movies over the Marvel ones, I still cannot get over what a total disaster Justice League was. 

George Miller's Justice League would have been a bigger disaster. 

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Considering the type of stuff Geoff Johns added to the Justice League film, I wouldn't be surprised if he hires James Gunn to direct Green Lanterns

7l5mCWX.png

Well hey, at least it gives GL a good chance to be well reviewed and and makes a ton of money and being good. 

51 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Without Kevin Feige's supervision, Gunn never made a box office hit. Same for Joss Whedon.

Wasnt Geoff Johns supposed to be the Feigi for DC movies and now Hamada? Why cants directors flourish under these guys?

4 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Well hey, at least it gives GL a good chance to be well reviewed and and makes a ton of money and being good. 

You don't understand.

Josh Whedon worked for Marvel Studios, that made him a minion of Satan, and Geoff Johns, since he made clear he did not like Snyder's version of Superman very much,is also a servent of Satan, and hired Whedon for JL to delibertly sabotage the DCU and was probably paid off by Disney for doing so.

Zack Snyder is the greatest genius n the history of Cinema, and if don't relize that you are a Servent of Satan.

2 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Wasnt Geoff Johns supposed to be the Feigi for DC movies and now Hamada? Why cants directors flourish under these guys?

I think Johns was brought in to try to repair the damage done to the DCU by Zack Snyder, but because of contracts was saddled with Snyder directing Justice League. He brought in Joss Whedon to try to save JL, but failed.

Hopefully Hamada will not have that problem and Snyder  will be a minor influence on the DCU at best with a :"courtesy" producer title.

3 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Without Kevin Feige's supervision, Gunn never made a box office hit. Same for Joss Whedon.

In movies, yeah, but in Television Whedon had a TV show nobody ever heard of called "Buffy The Vampire Slayer".

COme to think of it, Avengers was Whedon second film,and his first that was not a spinoff of one of this TV Shows ("Serenity" was his first film).

WHedon is not above criticism but to pass him off as some failure before THe Avengers is just asinine.

You hate Whedon because he was brought in to fix you great god Snyder's work on JL.

8 hours ago, Hades said:

Whedon's Wonder Woman movie would have been a disaster.........:apocalypse:

I like Whedon a lot,, but I agree that from everything I have read his take on WW would have been terrible. He turned her into a Buffy retread,basically, and his version had little to do with the iconic DC character.

Whedon has learned better since, but yeah,his WW sounded terrible. Better for everybody that it died.

Edited by dudalb

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:28 AM, Krissykins said:

Lol this whole thing is everywhere 

A new mess every time I open twitter. And I don’t even follow the wrestler Batista 

I guess film related twitter accounts must be interacting with the tweets and that’s why it keeps showing me. 

Yikes. GOTG3 is officially tainted, no matter who they hire to direct it

I think the twiter campaign to force Disney to rehire Gunn might have backfired. Now DInsey management is thinking it basic power to make decisions is being challenged and that will just make them dig in their heels. They do not want to be put into the positions of being blackmailed by actors every time they make a production decision,and if that means maybe sacrificing a film or two so be it No studio wants to be seen as ceding basic production decisions to a mob of actors making a lot of angry tweets. I think behind the scenes, quite pressure would have worked a lot better.

3 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Johns was DC's Feige for a while and Justice League was the first product of that, and you can see why he was removed from the job and given a single movie to produce.

I don't know what's the strategy now with the new guy, but I hope they get their s--- together. The DC universe is great and has potential to make so much money for WB.

23 minutes ago, dudalb said:

In movies, yeah, but in Television Whedon had a TV show nobody ever heard of called "Buffy The Vampire Slayer".

COme to think of it, Avengers was Whedon second film,and his first that was not a spinoff of one of this TV Shows ("Serenity" was his first film).

WHedon is not above criticism but to pass him off as some failure before THe Avengers is just asinine.

You hate Whedon because he was brought in to fix you great god Snyder's work on JL.

I don't mean to say anyone is a failure, but people give them too much credit for the success of their MCU movies. The MCU is much more consistent review-wise and box office-wise than the career of any of its directors. Bringing James Gunn to the DC universe doesn't guarantee a Guardians type of success.

In an alternate universe, I would love to have seen....

Singer's Xmen 3

Nic Cage Superman

James Cameron Spiderman

Nic Cage Superman

Raimi's  Spiderman 4

Aronofsky's Bantman

Did I mention Nic Cage Superman

• Like 1